CARE International recruits 01 Internal Audit and Compliance Manager (National/Local Position) – CARE Lebanon
REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?: yesAPPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Please mention in the subject of your email the title of the position you are applying for . Interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis.
Your resume and Cover letter will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Send your updated resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies.CONTACT PERSON EMAIL: email@example.comDESCRIPTION:
Develop the audit and internal control system, promote it and manage its implementation in order to:
- Strengthen the effectiveness of the mission by having a better control of its activities
- Reduce risks related to non-compliance, particularly for donor contracts.
This position will be located in Beirut, with many movements between the Country office and the sub offices. More than that, frequent visits to the field will be required. Working areas include but are not limited to Beirut, Mount Lebanon & North Lebanon
Education : Bachelor/ Advanced degree in finance/management/auditing/internal auditing
Experience : At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in external or internal audit, Preferably NGOs audit experience. Experience in an NGO and knowledge of major international institutional donors is required.
- Good command of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting software SAGA and Peoplesoft is a plus
- Excellent audit skills
- Pro-Active Problem Solving
- Stress Tolerance
- Customer Focus
- Strong auditing skills
- Analytical skills,
- Attention to detail, ability to work effectively under time pressure
- Team player, and proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance,
- Ability to ensure set and follow priorities
- Proven experience of training of non-finance staff,
- Proficiency in Excel and financial software packages.
Responsibility #1 Conduct internal audits in accordance with the annual action planThe Internal Auditor is responsible for:
- Identifying all sources of internal and external risks;
- Evaluating the preventive measures and the control of the identified risks;
- Analyzing, assessing and making recommendations on the procedures, policies and organizational quality of the mission;
- Regularly verify operations and their compliance with procedures (internal and donor), make recommendations and monitor their implementation.
Thus, he/she must
On all departments of the country office :
- Carry out controls with regard to previously identified risks;
- Prepare, send and explain the report of the controls to the line manager and relevant persons and feed the database of the recommendations if necessary;
On the field offices :
- Conduct regular and ad hoc sub office visits;
- Carry out previously defined controls;
- Carry out a program visits;
- Write visit reports and feed the consolidated recommendations database;
At the partners :
- Carry out controls according to identified risks.
Responsibility #2: Coordinate external and internal audits
- Plan and update the contractual audit schedule and distribute it to the relevant managers in the country office and at CARE France office;
- Organize the preparation and follow-up of the audits;
- Select external audit firms if needed;
- Participate in meetings and working groups before and after the audit;
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared by the relevant departments and by the partner (if required) within the required timeframe;
- Ensure the availability and consistency of documents and information required for the audit: verification of the presentation of supporting documents and management of the flow of paper or electronic archives, in conjunction with the associated contacts;
- Mediate between CARE and the auditors;
- Negotiate with third parties (institutional donors and/or external audit firms), CARE’s interests in the audit process (deadlines, operational modalities, etc.);
- Alert on elements that may constitute a risk (financial, compliance or other) according to what is observed during audits and donor evaluations;
- Actively monitor the implementation of recommendations following audits by maintaining and disseminating a consolidated table of recommendations
Responsibility #3: Focal point for the fight against fraud
Ensure the role of fraud focal point for all fraud/corruption cases
- Be the recipient of reports made by employees (“whistleblowers”) or third parties (
- Ensure that all employees are familiar with the anti-fraud policy and the specific procedure for collecting alerts;
- Ensure that each country office employee receives training at least once a year;
- Ensure the reporting of information to his/her hierarchy, to the CARE Line, to the CMP and to the donor if necessary;
- Conduct investigations in complete confidentiality;
- Write and transmit investigation reports;
- Follow up on the mitigation measures proposed in the investigation report. If necessary, add to the recommendations follow-up table
Responsibility #4: Report to the line manager and functionally to CARE France
- The formulation of the necessary alerts;
- Writing, transmitting with regularity and explaining its activity report;• To write and transmit any type of report or note necessary for the smooth running of the mission’s activities;
- Participate in coordination meetings and report on his/her activity.
contribute to ensuring the promotion of best practices in internal control and internal audit and its added value throughout the organization: raising awareness, answering questions, harmonizing practices