Call for Nominations: 2019 Women Stop Hunger Awards
Deadline: 31 August 2018
Stop Hunger has launched its third international edition of the “WomenStop Hunger Awards” in order to highlight the role of women in the fight against hunger and to encourage exemplary and enduring anti-hunger initiatives in local communities.
The awards will be presented on March 12, 2019 during the annual Stop Hunger Donors’ Evening in Paris. The winners agree to participate in this event; their travel expenses to participate in the dinner are covered and each award will be accompanied by a donation of up to € 10,000 from Stop Hunger.
Empowering women is a Stop Hunger priority because providing women with resources is the most direct way to end hunger.
Thus, in 2016-2017, more than a million US$ were invested by Stop Hunger in programs designed to support women or groups of women, and the Women Stop Hunger Awards were launched to financially support innovative and measurable initiatives led by women.
Stop Hunger, Priority on Women Empowerment
More than half of the progress made in the fight against hunger over the last 25 years is due to the improvement in women’s social status. As rural women make up almost half of the world’s agricultural labor force, they could feed up to 150 million more people by educating, training and giving women more resources (land, finance, equipment, markets …) for a better agricultural yield.
Only women can be nominated; a candidate may submit an application for herself or on behalf of a group or community of women.
The winners will be selected by Stop Hunger according to several criteria:
- Having implemented since at least 6 months a women’s empowerment initiative to reduce hunger in their community that goes beyond food aid (not just food distribution)
- The initiative seeks to help those most in need in the community, with a measurable impact on beneficiaries
- The beneficiaries must be mostly underprivileged women or girls
- The approach presents a new idea or an innovative idea that has not yet been widely implemented and looks promising for the future
- The initiative can be implemented in other communities.
How to Apply
- Complete the attached application form. Applicants can also attach five pages of supporting documents to support their application.
- Send the application at the address given on the website.
- Important: in agreeing to the submission of their application, candidates must commit to attend the awards ceremony if they are selected. Travel costs are paid by Stop Hunger.
For more information, please visit 2019 Women Stop Hunger Awards.