BSF recruits 01 Middle East Program Coordinator – Jordan/Amman
BIBLIOTHEQUES SANS FRONTIERES/ LIBRARIES WITHOUT BORDERS
Bibliothèques Sans Frontières / Libraries Without Borders (BSF) is a global NGO working to provide quality access to information and education to the most vulnerable populations. Since 2007, BSF has been bringing knowledge to those who are deprived of it. To achieve this, BSF works alongside field actors to create strategies for the dissemination of knowledge. BSF has partnered with a wide variety of organizations worldwide to establish safe spaces where crisis-affected populations can actively engage in activities fostering resilience.
BSF supports partner organizations with a 3-pillar approach:
- Innovative tools: To reduce barriers in access to information & education. The Ideas Box, and ultra-portable multimedia center, and the Ideas Cube, a 100% autonomous server for collective and intensive use, have been developed by BSF to provide quality online and offline resources to vulnerable groups.
- Project-specific content: To respond to the identified needs of the targeted populations. BSF offers a catalogue of open access content with over 30,000 resources available in 24 languages.
- Mediation and training: To maximise impact of the tools and content implemented in each project, BSF supports them in adopting new practices. It has a catalogue of online and in-person training for facilitators around the globe.
Today, BSF supports over 100 Ideas Box and 300 Ideas Cubes projects deployed in more than 25 countries.
BSF PROGRAMMES IN THE MIDDLE EAST
BSF has been operating in the Middle East since 2016, with a desire to answer not only the emergency needs in the region but also to address the larger issue of access to education and information for the most vulnerable populations.
Since 2016, BSF has supported partners in the implementation of over 20 Ideas Box and Ideas Cubes in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq, with a multi-sectorial approach addressing populations in refugee camps, urban centers and remote rural areas
By the end of 2020, BSF will implement at least 5 new Ideas Box projects in Lebanon and Irak to support partners in their education, protection, social cohesion and employment interventions. It aims to develop its programs in order to continue to support partners in enhancing the quality and impact of their activities, through adapted tools and methodologies. To do so, BSF is recruiting a Program coordinator working in tandem with a Program Manager to oversee activities in the region.
BSF is looking for a dynamic and result-oriented Program Coordinator who will play an essential role within our team to support the development of the mission’s operations and to ensure a high-quality program implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of International Programmes in France, the Middle East Program Coordinator is responsible for the proper implementation of BSF’s program in the Middle East in joint collaboration with our partners in each country.
He/She works in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator at BSF headquarters, he/she is the line manager of the Program Manager in the field.
The Program Coordinator drives all stages of the programs implementation and ensures achievement of expected outcomes, in line with BSF’s strategy and procedures.
He/she oversees the implementation of all the projects in the region and therefore liaises with partners, visits the implementation sites on regular basis (in Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan) and provides support to the partners’ teams.
He/she will establish the framework and core resources (set of activities/courses/training content) to enhance the deployment of BSF’s expertise.
He/She will work in close collaboration with HQ to develop and oversee a monitoring and evaluation framework for the programs.
He/she identifies possible avenues for collaboration with new partners and designs programmes accordingly, in line with BSF’s strategy for the Middle East.
His/her main priorities will be the following:
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of humanitarian situation in the region including the main stakes, needs, gaps and actors in responding in the field to inform strategy, program design, partnership development.
- Monitor the context and security situation in each country of intervention, maintain an updated risk analysis and liaise with HQ to determine security plans and mitigation measures.
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the projects in the Middle East, meeting quality and accountability standards, and in line with the project documents & donors’ contract
- Contribute to the budget monitoring of projects and the validation of financial reports in collaboration with the HQ Program coordinator and the finance department
- In collaboration with HQ, contribute actively to design the program strategy, to suggest new areas of intervention or partnerships, and to propose adjustments or expansions to ensure the relevance of projects
- Contribute to the proposal development, in coherence with BSF regional strategic planning, and ensure timely and quality donor reporting, including the preparation of narrative reports
- Draw lessons from the projects (challenges, learnings, best practices, failures) through the organization of workshops with the field teams and BSF team
- Manage the BSF Program manager, strengthen her skills & capacities and provide continuous guidance/performance review
- Ensure the representation of BSF in sector and coordination meetings as needed
- Set up and manage BSF office contracts locally, in collaboration with the BSF Head of International Operations
Experience / Training
Education and Experience
- A previous successful experience in a similar coordination position (at field or country level) within an International NGO
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (International Relations, etc…) is an asset
- Experience managing a team
- Knowledge of main institutional donors and of the humanitarian architecture
- Good command of the project cycle and proposal/reporting
- Mastery of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English, Arabic and French would be strong assets
- Excellent writing skills
- Flexibility, adaptation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage priorities
- Thorough, organized, and reliable, with the ability to work autonomously
- Strong interest for BSF’s mandate and vision
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Interest for digital education and new technologies is appreciated
- Great sense of humor and good team member!
- Status: Renewable, 6-month fixed contract (CDD d’usage)
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: based in Amman, Jordan, with regular travels to Iraq and Lebanon
- Salary and benefits: salary based on experience and BSF salary scale, per Diem, insurance, accommodation allowance
- This is an unaccompanied post.
How to apply
Please fill the following form (including the sending of CV and cover letter in English (Subject: RH/JOR/PROGCO) by July 10th, 2020 : https://bibliosansfrontieres.secure.force.com/Offres/saisieCandidat?offre=a0e1t000000KIkQAAW