ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarship Scheme 2021 for African Students
l Deadline: July 30, 2021
Applications are open for the ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarship Scheme 2021. The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) and Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF) offer 10 scholarship slots for the academic year 2020-2021 for African PhD students to carry out their doctoral research work at the UEMF, Morocco. The duration of the study and that of the scholarship is three years.
In 2019, these two prestigious institutions entered into a strategic partnership for Capacity Building for Africa’s youths and to enhance research and innovation for Africa’s development. Considering the comparative advantage and the common mandate of ASRIC and UEMF “building Africa’s technical competences” the two institutions decided to engage on a long-term scientific collaboration and as of that the UEMF offered Scholarship for African Ph.D. students to undertake studies and research work at UEMF.
The candidate must be ready to undertake a research in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence;
- Additive Manufacturing;
- Green hydrogen and Power-to-X;
- The scholarship includes tuition fees of about $9,000 annually, one return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation, and stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
- tml Applicant must be national of one of the African Union Member State;
- Applicants must be less than 35years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
The application form to this call should be completed and submitted before the deadline of the call. The following also to be attached to the application form:
- An updated CV;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of the international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs
All application and supporting documents should be submitted to the ASRIC Secretariat by email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org before the call deadline.Download Application Form