Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship for Young Professionals from Asia
Deadline: 16 August 2019
Applications are now for the Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) which is an intensive academic study programme, targeted for young professionals from Asia.
The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peacebuilding practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe. In particular, the programme serves to strengthen the representation of Asian professionals with expertise in Asian issues.
The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) is a shared initiative of The Nippon Foundation, the University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU).
Students selected to participate in the APS programme receive a full scholarship that covers tuition, airfare, transit and some visa costs for all programme components, and a monthly stipend. The programme facilititates up to 30 students per cohort.
The programme depending on the level of English proficiency of each applicant. Academic study takes place in Costa Rica and The Philippines, and includes the following elements:
- intensive language learning component;
- M.A. at UPEACE;
- M.S. at AdMU in Social Development; and
- completion of programme requirements.
Applications are accepted from students all over Asia, with preference given to students who:
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field. Excellent candidates with less work experience are considered for participation on a case-by-case basis. Voluntary work, internships and student activities may be considered as work experience, if relevant for the programme.
- Have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Are from countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly, but not limited to, Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit this link.