Art Moves Africa: Seeking Applications for Mobility Grants
Deadline: 8 September 2018
Art Moves Africa (AMA) is seeking applications for its Mobility Grants to support all artists, arts professionals and cultural operators living and working in Africa for travels from an African country to another African country.
Grantees receive a round-trip flight ticket, booked, paid for and issued by AMA.
Art Moves Africa (AMA) is an international not-for-profit organisation that aims to facilitate cultural and artistic exchanges within the African continent. AMA offers travel funds to artists, arts professionals and cultural operators living and working in Africa to travel within the African continent in order to engage in the exchange of information, the enhancement of skills, the development of informal networks, and the pursuit of cooperation.
- Nationality: Applicants may be nationals of any country but must live and work in Africa. Proof of long-term residence will be requested from non-African nationals.
- Profession: Art Moves Africa supports individuals and groups (maximum 3 people) belonging to the following professions:
- Cultural operators (managers, artistic directors, producers, technicians, researchers, etc.)
- Journalists working in the arts and culture sector
- Origin and Destination: Applicants’ travel must take place within the African continent, from one African country to another.
- NB: Unfortunately, AMA cannot support travels to/from dependent territories or overseas or autonomous regions of European states, such as Réunion, Mayotte, the Canary Islands, Madeira, Ceuta, Melilla, etc.
- Artistic Fields: Art Moves Africa supports the travel of artists and cultural professionals working in the following artistic fields:
- Visual arts
- Types of Events and Projects: Art Moves Africa encourages participation in any project or event that enables:
- Collaborations with other professionals
- Exchange of information and activities
- Elaboration of projects, practices and ideas
- Improvement of artistic or technical skills
- Discovery of different artistic fields through: cultural professional network meetings, festivals, artists’ residencies, workshops, seminars, lectures, work sessions
- Artists to demonstrate the long term effect of their project
- Artists to share their experience by encouraging networking in their own country
- Professionals seeking wider access to international networks to enhance their careers.
- As a result, it supports participation in the following types of projects and events:
- Meetings, conferences, lectures and symposia
- Workshops, master classes
- Research trips
- Creation or production of new works
- Performances and tours (small-scale)
- Festivals, biennales and art fairs
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Art Moves Africa.