Apply for Voice beyond the Incident: Nigeria Sudden Opportunity Grant Program!
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Are there sudden manifestations or situation of injustice against a person/persons/community? Is there a national opportunity for strategic advocacy or litigation, online and offline protests, coordination of collective action that can lead to change in legal decision, policy/laws, a shift in public attitudes and practices? Will this collective action challenge discrimination, promote equal access and opportunities, enhance social well-being or development? If you said yes to the questions above, then apply for a Sudden Opportunity Grant to voice beyond the incident!
This grant is meant for collective action to address specific, unanticipated situations that in most cases would threaten civic space or invade basic human rights of the people.
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence,
- People with disabilities,
- Age discriminated (youth and elderly),
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people and
- Indigenous people and ethnic minorities.
This grant is available from Euro 5,000 to Euro 200,000 for an intervention that will last between 6 and 12 months.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment,
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular, and
- Space for political participation
- Applications are being accepted from a coalition, network or consortia with participation of human rights defenders, private institutions and companies, faith leaders, NGOs joined with self-interested individuals or intellectuals who jointly and collectively seek the promotion and protection of civil and political rights as well as the realisation of economic and social well-being of Voice target groups.
- The lead organisation in the coalition, network or consortia must be target group-led.
- The impacts of this grant are not restricted to specific states as unexpected moments are national in scope.
- Voice has a strong preference for projects that intend to work with more than one target group to address overlapping vulnerabilities.
How to Apply
- Take the eligibility test available on the website.
- If applicants have passed the eligibility test, they need to send an email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Nigeria Sudden Opportunity Grant.