Apply for UNU-CRIS PhD Research Scholarships 2018
Deadline: May 3, 2018
UNU-CRIS is pleased to announce that Ghent University, one of her strategic partners, has launched this year’s call for two PhD Scholarships for research at UNU-CRIS. The scholarships are initially awarded for 2 years. After an intermediate evaluation, a second term of maximum 2 years can be granted. The aim is to obtain a doctoral degree within a time span of 4 years. Keep in mind that these scholarships are very competitive and that UNU-CRIS is looking for outstanding proposals and excellent study results.
If you are interested in doing research on subjects relevant to UNU-CRIS and would like to answer to this call, you have to find a supervisor at Ghent University, who is willing to supervise your PhD project. UNU-CRIS will be happy to assist candidates with realistic chances for a scholarship in contacting potential PhD supervisors at Ghent University and to discuss suggestions for research proposals.
- The Role of Regions in Global Governance
- The United Nations and Regional Public Goods
- Changing Patterns of Regional and Global Governance
- Capacity Building and Development
- The amount of the scholarship is approximately € 2,070 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar.
- Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7,440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
- UNU-CRIS welcomes in particular proposals that fit one of its research programmes, but other proposals that relate to the UN and its goals could also be considered;
- Applications are open to everyone. No restrictions on nationality or age;
- Only for candidates with excellent study results during the entire study career;
- Candidates from outside the EU will, in addition, have to verify if their diplomas and certificates are recognised as valid by the Belgian authorities.
To apply for a doctoral scholarship with the UNU-CRIS label, your project proposal will need to be supported by an official statement by the Director of UNU-CRIS, Prof. Madeleine Hosli.
Click here to find all information about the application procedure and all the application forms.
For more information, visit PhD opportunities at UNU-CRIS.