Applications Open for 2018 Criminology Research Grants!
Deadline: 30 August 2018
The Australian Institute of Criminology is seeking applications from organisations or collaborative teams with a demonstrated capacity to deliver high quality criminological research outcomes.
The Criminology Research Grants (CRG) program is a competitive program that provides funds to support the conduct of high quality, policy-relevant research projects in the area of crime and criminal justice. The CRG is funded through annual contributions by the Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments.
The CRG program is administered by the Australian Institute of Criminology (AIC) on the basis of recommendations from the Criminology Research Advisory Council (CRAC, or the Advisory Council). The Advisory Council, which includes representatives from each of the contributing Governments, provides recommendations to the Director of the AIC on research priorities and an assessment of research grants applications made under the annual Criminology Research Grants (CRG) program.
- The AIC is empowered by section 6(c) of the Criminology Research Act 1971 to award grants for:
- criminological research that is relevant to the public policy of the states, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory
- activities related to that research (including, for example, the publication of that research).
- The term ‘criminological research’ is defined in the Act to mean research in connection with:
- the causes, correction and prevention of criminal behaviour
- any related matter.
- The CRG program awards grants to researchers in universities, not-for-profit organisations, government departments and elsewhere. Grants are only for research within Australia.
- The AIC welcomes applications for research projects where partial or supplementary funding is being provided or has been sought from other sources. The AIC will not generally grant funds to:
- research that predominantly involves overseas travel or is to be conducted predominantly outside Australia
- applications primarily seeking funding for the purchase of equipment or the conduct of, or participation in, seminars and conferences.
- The AIC will not provide financial support for doctoral research conducted by any of the applicants, except in some of the cases where such research is incidental to a larger project. In some cases, the AIC may provide funding to enable the publication of completed doctoral research.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Criminology Research Grants.