APM Terminals recruits 01 Managing Director Suez Canal Container Terminal
Port Said, Egypt
Transports et logistique
Managing Director Suez Canal Container Terminal
Last application date: 26/11/2020
We are currently seeking a Managing Director to lead our transhipment terminal in Port Said, Egypt. Suez Canal Container Terminal (SCCT) is a Joint Venture location with 1200+ employees; it offers the right leader the most exciting assignment to lead and grow one of our most strategically important locations.
With key focus on high productivity and consistent performance in order to meet the increased expectations of our customer and network – Operational excellence, Lean methodology, and a Standardized Operating Cycle are key focus areas in the organisation and drive our developing Ways of Working, including Digitization which is an important aspect of APMT’s business proposition. The ability to further develop a broad and varied internal and external stakeholder landscape is key to success.
Reporting directly to the Head of Hub Terminals (who is based in The Netherlands) you will play a key role in the Hubs Regional Management team and you will work closely together with the Maersk Line LOC organisation. Of course you will not be alone to deliver this – you will have an immensely compentent on-site multi-function leadership team to support you deliver our priorities and being part of a matrix organisation you have key expertise available through global functional support.
By joining APM Terminals, you can expect:
– An exciting job, working with the regional and global management team of APM Terminals
– An international working environment being part of a large multinational organisation
– Value and team-based leadership
– An open and engaging working environment
– A wide range of international career opportunities
– Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
– Competitive compensation packages
This position will exercise a multi-dimensional role encompassing all areas of the business. The Managing Director will be responsbile for operational results and employee relations in the Terminal and wider Hubs portfolio. This will be achieved by focussing on operations, people management and development, and external stakeholder management, both in the terminal and with key stakeholders in Cairo, in order to exceed customer expectations. The accountablities of the Managing Director will be: • Define, develop & execute visions & strategies for SCCT, including business planning, & budgeting.
• Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers, including:
− Determine & execute investments for new equipment, systems & expansion in the existing terminal
− Determine appropriate staffing levels, & manage recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, as per legal & company requirements.
• Working closely with the Board of SCCT.
• Liaise with- and manage governmental and public stakeholders.
• Establish business priorities to meet the customer requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement in productivity & cost management.
• Select, negotiate & enter into binding agreements with suppliers & customers & be accountable for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
• Proactively pursue development in technology & systems as applicable locally & in conjunction with Global Functions, to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer service.
• Drive, develop & deploy best practices within operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, security, safety & environmental management, including deployment of APMT Global tools, where available.
• Recommend appointments & dismissals of own direct reports. • Organise, coach, challenge, & develop staff and recommend remuneration for all staff.
• Reinforce Maersk culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with Maersk policies.
• Align Financial procedures with Portfolio Finance norms & standards.
• Risk Management: identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas, assess them and have strategies to deal with and manage them. Ensure that the Maersk Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company
• The position has predominant authority for the delivery of local terminal results & each terminal head will also have a quite marked contribution to the overall results of the company.
We are looking for
• A seasoned customer focused Managing Director with an industrial background.
• Who feels comfortable in and has a good understanding how to be effective in a matrix company where there is constant change (continuous improvement Lean Methodology) and where automation and digitization plays a pivotal role in the success of the company.
• Can establish and maintain constructive labour relations in an working environment with a large population of frontline employees.
• Who is able to provide leadership, engage and empower people
• Who is strategically strong and able to provide direction
• Who is courageous, but not impulsive in the execution
• Able to be decisive and has a positive impact on people
• Understands how to involve and engage people and the importance of intensive in-, and external stakeholder management.
• Who has excellent analytical skills to diagnose issues and bring in the right professionals
• Who has excellent communication skills
• Preferably knows the maritime sector with a solid network