Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) Youth Forum Scholarships 2018 (Fully-funded to Germany)
Deadline: March 12, 2018
Apply for the ACE Youth Forum Scholarships for Global South. The first ever Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) Youth Forum will bring together young people from all over the world who are taking steps towards climate action and projects related to the concept of “ACE”. More than hundred youth will participate in the ACE Youth Forum (AYF), out of which about 40 youth from the Global South will be fully funded through AYF Scholarships.
As a young person who cares about climate change, you may have gathered experiences worth sharing. Participation in the UN Climate Change process allows you to raise your concerns about how climate change threatens current and future generations, and also how it affects front-line communities now.
As a delegate to the Forum you get the opportunity to shape the views being brought into the international decision-making process and connect and engage with YOUNGO, the official youth constituency to UN Climate Change. By participating in the ACE Youth Forum, you will meet fellow young people working in similar fields as you! You will have the opportunity to get connected, exchange knowledge, and build networks you can use and contribute to for work on your initiative.
About the Forum
The ACE Youth Forum is an initiative of the Presidency of the 23rd UN Climate Change Conference (COP23) and YOUNGO (the official youth constituency to UN Climate Change), in partnership with the Government of Canada, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Climate Change.
AYF 2018 is intended to provide a dedicated, informative and interactive space for youths in the lead up to the ACE Workshop, negotiations, dialogue and other Global Climate Action Agenda related events. The objective of the forum is two folded;
o to effectively engage in ACE related negotiations
o to develop creative and effective ACE-related climate actions
- Knowledge Sharing
o to allow youths to share stories of their climate action experiences, best practices and lessons learned relating to the six elements of ACE
The outputs of the ACE Youth Forum will be presented during the ACE Workshop and the negotiations at the Bonn Climate Change Conference.
About 40 young people from the countries of the Global South, will receive ACE Youth Forum Scholarships, which include complete funding and relevant support for effective participation in the ACE Youth Forum.
- All expenses covered for participation in the ACE Youth Forum on 29 April 2018 in Bonn, Germany
- The selected youths will have all their costs covered – including costs for all international and domestic flight tickets, costs of accommodation for about 3 days, visa application fee, cost for travel insurance, food, local transport and additional expenses during the stay in Bonn.
- You will have the opportunity to get connected, exchange knowledge, and build networks you can use and contribute to for work on your initiative.
- You will make countless friends, meet new people and take back with you a lot of wonderful memories and experiences to cherish!
To be eligible for an ACE Youth Forum Scholarship, an applicant must ensure that:
- You are between 16 and 35 years of age on 31 March 2018
- If selected, you will be available to join the ACE Youth Forum on the 29 April 2018 in Bonn Germany and shall also engage proactively in the preparation phase leading to the Forum, along with other YOUNGO members.
- You are a citizen/national of one of the eligible countries in Africa, Arab States, Asia and Pacific, Commonwealth of Independent States, and South/Latin America.
The AYF Scholarships shall cover all costs of travel (including return international tickets), accommodation, visa, travel insurance fee, food, local transport and other costs for the selected applicants to participate at the ACE Youth Forum on the 29th April, 2018 at Bonn, Germany.
For more information, visit ACE Youth Forum.