FIXED TERM | 6 MONTHS | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of:
Support the fundraising effort of the ACTED WoS mission by developing outputs as part of the proposal development process;
Design thematic factsheets, brochure and presentations to raise the profile of ACTED on thematic topics to current and potential partners and donors;
Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements are known and met by Program, AMEU, and FLATs teams;
Support field teams with project visibility and donor visibility – including through the review of visibility materials;
Participate in the kick-off and close out meetings for each project;Participate in developing quality narrative reports, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and Finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
Develop communication plans for each project to ensure all contractual communication indicators are met, as relevant;
Develop ACTED’s external communication materials about specific activities in alignment with the communication plans, including articles, success stories, etc.
Contribute to effective partner follow up, including through technical support in developing communication and reporting plans and trainings on relevant project development and communications topics.
Internal Coordination and Communication
Develop internal communication media tools (internal newsletter, etc.)
File, organize, and select pictures from field activities – from ACTED and partners as relevant; Conduct communication training for the field teams and other departments to increase communication capacities across the mission;
Lead on the annual report consolidation for HQ;
Provide regular reports to HQ on programming and innovative components which can contribute to raising ACTED’s profile regionally and globally.
Respond to ad-hoc requests for visibility and content;
Provide support in the context of donor visits.
Expériences / Formation
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or other relate fields, with knowledge of communication and marketing principles (a post graduate degree is desirable)
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in communications and marketing or public relations; experience working with an NGO encouraged although not compulsory;
- More than two years of experience in designing, editing and producing publications
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing, writing and selling to internal and external audiences
- Advanced English-language writing, editing and spoken English
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation (PowerPoint or Prezi) with strong attention to detail
- Website content editing and proofing
- Experience on Social Media
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of InDesign preferred
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances