ACTED recruits 01 Transparency & Compliance Volunteer – based in Amman (Jordan)
INTERNSHIP | 6 MONTHS | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
Under the supervision of the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or Country Director:
Facilitate the implementation of the ACTED standard guidelines and FLATS System in the country
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the Area to the Capital office;
- Participate in IP due diligence for all IP prior to their engagement;
- Follow-up of the compliance process at implementing partner level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the implementing partner to the Capital office;
- Support the National FLAT officer/participate in compiling and filing all project related financial, logistics, administrative, HR, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Support the FLAT officer in identifying the compliance issues by filling the compliance checklists (FLA 01 and FLA 02)
- Link with the other departments and share the compliance issues identified and the action plan to mitigate the risk
- Contribute to the follow-up of the action plan
- Contribute to the monthly update of the FLAT Folder follow up (FLA-03)
- Contribute to the Monthly Compliance Report and the Audit TITANIC.
- Perform Market surveys (FLA-05) upon the request of the Country Director or Regional Auditor.
Facilitate the external audit preparation and the due diligences
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits and due diligences in close collaboration with the HQ Audit Department;
- Issue draft of the External Audit preparation (AUD-01) and ensure the update of Project, FLAT & External Audit Follow-up (AUD-00);
- In close relation with the Country Director and the Country Finance Manager, facilitate the audit (kick off and close out meetings of each external audit);
- Draft ACTED Management responses to the audit report, to be reviewed by the Country Risk and Compliance Manager / Officer (in any) or the Country Director first and then by the HQ Audit Department. Follow-up the reception of the signed audit report;
- Contribute to the update of the External Audit Recommendations follow up (AUD-02) and to the implementation of the recommendations from external audits.
Contribute to the implementation of the approved national internal audit plan
- Facilitate the drafting of the Terms of reference
- Participate to internal audit missions and conduct checks based on the internal audit checklists
- Provide a drafted audit report and action plan
- Facilitate the recommendation follow-up
Training sessions / lessons learn / best practices
Capacity building and Training
- During the audit mission, when a gap in know-how or a need for clarifications are identified, provide practical training on specific areas of ACTED procedures.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through audit activities (internal and external audits) among international and national staff;
- Organize and facilitate learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when an external/internal audit is done or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of ATED’s compliance.
- Participate in positive working environment and good team dynamics among Audit staff in the country;
- Ensure that the Audit teams in the country retain all that is distinctive about ACTED including the organizations values and beliefs, global identity, coherence and consistency, and independence and impartiality.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expériences / Formation
- Postgraduate diploma in Finance/ Audit or International Relations
- Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
- Postgraduate diploma in relation to the position
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
Send your application (CV + cover letter) by email (email@example.com) under Ref: FLATV/WOS