ACTED recruits 01 Information Technologies (IT) Field Specialist – Paris (HQ), with frequent travels on the field
Open end | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
ACTED’s headquarter has been established in Paris in 2000 to coordinate the organization’s interventions on a more global scale. Today the HQ is composed of around 100 people in the HR, Finance, Programs, Audit, Security, Logistics & Systems and Communication departments. These departments provide support to the missions on the field (in 37 countries) composed of 430 expatriates and more than 4,800 national staff. The HQ in also the focal point for ACTED’s upper management, including the CEO, the Director of Development and the fifteen members of the Board of Directors.
You will be in charge of
1.Management and monitoring of the IT infrastructure and network of ACTED field offices worldwide
- Perform IT assessments of ACTED field offices and formulate recommendations in line with the identified IT needs, resources and priorities of each ACTED country of intervention;
- Develop a strategy and country-specific IT upgrade action plan to achieve the following results:
- Field offices have all the relevant IT infrastructure and network to meet their operational needs;
- IT infrastructure and network in field offices meet the minimum recommended global IT standards;
- Design an action plan to ensure the availability of reliable connectivity and QOS for the field offices, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Minimal connectivity down times throughout the year.
- Optimum connectivity with minimal bottlenecks to ensure that field offices are able to utilize given IT connectivity resources.
- Cost recovery mechanisms for the IT services in place based on available & planned budget resources in close coordination with CFMs & CLMs
- Frame and manage projects and internal or service provider’s resources related to the upgrade of the IT infrastructure in all ACTED countries of intervention;
- Create, centralize and consolidate reports from the infrastructure and network of ACTED’s global sites;
- Provide level 2 support in conjunction with field teams (users, servers, suppliers);
2. Management and monitoring of ACTED worldwide IT assets
- Coordinate local system migration projects with a focus on the deployment of connectivity and collaboration tools in line with ACTED global digital transformation plan ;
- Ensure compliance of workstations, servers and applications using Endpoint solutions;
- Create, centralise and monitor reports on local IT systems;
- Provide level 2 support in collaboration with ACTED’s field teams (users, servers, suppliers);
3.Collaboration with and support to the field teams
- Draft and update technical documentation and procedures related to global and field IT systems ;
- Identify local IT staffing needs, design TOR & support local recruitment in close coordination with the CLM & CFM.
- Assist in the evaluation & monitoring of Cloud infrastructure, in the codification of internal processes, in the drafting of IT guidelines and cost management follow-up tools;
- Provide support and training to field teams throughout IT migration and integration projects;
4.Support change management
- Contribute to change management and training of IT teams in the field;
- Design training materials, tutorials & user manuals for all field IT solutions and systems;
- Contribute to the development a culture of IT security across all departments and field missions;
5.System & innovation monitoring
- Ensure constant system monitoring, raise alerts on any new vulnerabilities and propose solutions to the Infrastructure & Cyber-security Manager;
- Ensure constant technological monitoring and perform active search of innovative solutions and service providers;
Spend a minimum of 40% of his/her time in field mission to ACTED countries of operations.
Expériences / Formation
- IT background and at least 3 year experience in the Microsoft environment;
- Network knowledge: LAN / WLAN / switching / routing / firewall & WAN management and optimization / 4G / VSAT;
- Microsoft Technology Expert: OS Windows Workstation/server, Cloud Azure/o365, SharePoint, Office 2016/2019/o365, Exchange On-Premise/Azure/o365, PowerShell;
- Knowledge of systems administration: AD, GPO, DC, RBAC, Cloud Azure/o365,Synology NAS;
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools: Endpoint Workstation and Mobile (MDM), SIEM, Endpoint Detection and Responses (EDR) tools;
- Ability to write technical and promote official documents and standards;
- Rigorous, autonomous and organised, solution-oriented;
- Fluent English & French required.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise
- Affiliation to health inssurance
- Food allowance on working days
- 50% of Navigo pass taken in charge while in Paris
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com Ref: IT FS/HQ
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.