As of December 2018, ACF Iraq is operational in Ninewa and Dohuk Governorates with new projects due to start in Basra Governorate at the start of 2020. Currently ACF’s team is running operations of approximatively 8 million EUR coming from different institutional donors (AFD, OFDA, WFP, GIZ, EUTF and SDC). ACF Iraq is working in 3 sectors (FSL, WASH and MHCP (Mental Health and Care Practices)). The FSL programme portfolio is focusing on recovery interventions, such as business development/restoration and employability, as well as agricultural projects and some cash for work interventions. A strong emphasis has been placed in providing a comprehensive package of support to FSL beneficiaries, which has included the integration of PSS.
You will be in charge to guarantee the quality, relevance and scaling of Food Security and Livelihood strategy and interventions at ACF Iraq, in conformity with ACF and international standards and national policies.
More precisely you will have to :
- Contribute to defining programme strategy in terms of FSL as well as the strategy and positioning of the FSL technical department
- Coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals
- Oversee the implementation of programs/projects and ensure that reports are submitted
- Guarantee the quality and cost-effectiveness of projects
- Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral partnerships
- Team management
- Promote capitalization, technical development and research within the FSL Department
Expériences / Formation
You hold a master degree in Agriculture, rural development or economics, with at least 3 years in food security and livelihood advisory positions in international organization; or at least 5 years in FSL Program Manager’s position in international Organizations.
You have experience in business development/restoration and employability experience, in value chain development experience, especially with private sector industries and/or international linkages and in agricultural and rural development experience.
You demonstrate good skills for designing FSL interventions in both emergency and development settings, developing FSL strategy & robust technical tools for FSL programs. You are also able to design and conduct assessments adn you havep proven experience of writing successful proposals to donors.
You are fluent in written and spoken English, Arabic will be consider as an asset.
You demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equity and equality.
Status: Fixed term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation, as soon as possible
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €2450 to €2800 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 176€ + 278€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 150€ as context allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (every 6 weeks)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical training at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year)
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
- Participation to external training costs upon eligibility of the request.