Worls food Program is seking a Budget & Programming Officer
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N?? 32/2016
- Contract type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: NOB
- Duration: 1 year – (renewable after satisfactory probation)
- Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West & Central Africa (RBD)
- Closing date of application: Thursday 29 September 2016 at 5:00PM
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
This job is based in the Regional Bureau under the Regional Budget & Programming Unit / Function, reporting to the Regional Budget & Programming Head. Job holders operate with minimal supervision, and provide guidance to junior staff. They are heavily involved in day-to-day activities, analytical work and provide advice on less complex issues. >
To deliver budget and resource analysis and programming activities and/or provide support in HQ/RBs, partnering with managers to apply best practice approaches that support the efficient, effective and compliant utilisation of funds
Key responsibilities :
- Contribute towards the development of plans, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies and WFP standards.
- Create and review project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimise resources.
- Monitor and provide advice on fund utilisation, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/ repayment and refinancing arrangements; alerting Country/Regional Directors to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Monitor and provide advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfer.
- Monitor the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness, following standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
- Support the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility and provide information to guide RB/HQ decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock.
- Create and review budget and project documentation, and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports, to enable informe decision-making and consistecy of information presented to senior management and externe stakeholders
- Proactively contribute ideas to senior officers for Improvement to systems, techniques, tool, processes and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds.
- Support the capacity budding of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operationa planning through answering queries and updating training materials, manuals and guidelines.
- Represent the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups as required, in order to obtain and provide information from a budget and resource programming perspective.
- Guide and supervise mc; e junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices and contribute to technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks.
- Other as required.
Desire Experiences for entry into the role
- Has contributed to the development of operational or office related budgets.
- Has contributed to the production of planning/budgetary reports or other analytical port decision making.
- Has demonstrated a broad unerstanding of WFP financial architecture and how it support implementation of operations.
Education: Advanced University egree in Business Administration, Finance and Economics or relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of rented work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of both French and English is required.
Provide WINGS support to CO in the area of fund management.
How to Apply
Please provide a motivation letter, an updated curriculum vitae, a P11 forms (UN Personal History) along with photocopies of diplor as and certificates of services to your application. Please do not send originals documents as only shorlisted applicants will be contacted.
Send your application to the following address to The Regional Human Resources Officer UNWFP, 10 Avenue Pasteur x Rue Galliéni, -BP. 6288 Dakar Etoile – Senegal before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the title of the Job « Budget & Programming Offlcer-NOB »and the vacancy announcement N°32/2016 or by email with all the attachments of your application file to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Position open to senegalese nationals only.