World Food Programme hires 01 Human Resources Officer P3
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 14-12-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Human Resources Officer P3
Area of expertise: Human resources
Type of contract: Short term opportunities
Closing date: 14 December 2016, 00:59 GMT
WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations’ frontline humanitarian agency addressing hunger and malnutrition worldwide. WFP tackles poverty and hunger through a range of interventions: saving lives and protecting livelihoods in emergencies; investing in the prevention and mitigation of disasters; restoring and rebuilding lives and livelihoods in post-conflict or post-disaster situation; and other interventions to tackle hunger. Each year, on average, WFP feeds more than 90 million people in over 80 countries.
Job holders are likely to manage a small team of staff to ensure strategies and plans are implemented across an assigned area. They work independently, using technical knowledge and expertise to analyse data, prepare reports, provide advice and solutions to problems, and identify opportunities for improvements. They may develop core processes and procedures.
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the delivery of professional, client-focused HR services, partnering
with senior managers to contribute to the implementation of HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. HR Business Partner, the HR Professional P3 will be responsible for the following duties:
• Contribute to support the countries of our Region for the development of their strategic plans, and lead the delivery of HR operational activities or projects to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies;
• Provide advice to managers and employees on complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring that HR policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them;
• Plan and deliver an onboarding process which ensures new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization;
• Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and planning/implementing solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives;
• Deliver organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency;
• Lead and motivate a small of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance;
• Monitor the accurate and compliant recording of data; coordinate and prepare timely corporate statistics and conduct analysis, identifying trends and potential issues, and proposing solutions to stakeholders;
• Maintain and share knowledge of best practice, and support the development and Implementation of new/improved HR policies, systems and procedures to ensure they are reflective of legislation, and support WFP effectively;
• Focus on HR organisational structure deployment with an emphasis on capability development and knowledge transfer for HR teams in Regional Bureau and Country offices;
• Perform oversight missions in the Country Offices ensuring understanding and application of HR Best Practices, policies and procedures – Ensure follow up of actions post oversight missions;
• Contribute to the elaboration and implementation of the Regional HR strategy: fixing the basics and deploying the Corporate People Strategy as per priorities identified;
• Accompany the Country Offices in their implementation of identified HR quick wins and people best practices;
• Work on HR analytics, identifying, thus contributing to identify key strategic HR focus for the Region, accompany the Country Offices for the implementation and ensure follow up with the Regional Bureau HR Team;
• Develop in collaboration with the HR Team focused and structured orientations related to National Staff for the Regional Bureau and Country Offices;
• Support and follow up implementation of post HR audits corrective actions in Regional Bureau and Country Offices
• Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically five years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Sound theoretical understanding of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
• Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
• Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
• Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers and staff within HQ/regional/country office.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
• Ability to draft clear concise reports or rationale for human resources decisions.
Ability to work productively and maintain effective working relationship with people of different national and cultural background; excellent coaching skills, good analytical, planning and anticipating skills, problem solving and making things happen are expected from the applicant.
Fluency level in French language and high intermediate level in English is required under all circumstances.
CONDITIONS AND TERMS
Title: Human Resources Officer
Contract type: Short Term Professional
Vacancy type: External
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West & Central Africa (RBD)
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply