Entreprise/Structure: Chemonics / USAID
Ville, Pays: Burkina Faso
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 8 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 30-06-2016
Email de réception des candidatures : PSMBurkinaFasoRecruit@gmail.com
Chemonics seeks a country director for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and provide health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The primary main task orders for the project will address goals of the President’s Malaria Initiative. The country director will provide overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM in Burkina Faso; manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial, and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage short- and long-term technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with the client, the home office, the public and private sectors, and other donors and cooperating agencies. This position will be based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, with expected local and international travel of up to 20 percent. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Provide overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM project in Burkina Faso, and maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including USAID and local governments
· Develop and implement annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
· Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field staff
· Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals
· Develop, update, and implement performance monitoring plan that encompasses commodity security and logistics management indicators and includes project-wide performance measures
· Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions
· Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for procurement and logistics services, and assess risks quarterly and implement risk management/mitigation strategies
· Ensure compliance with procurement standard operating procedures, including supplier order fulfillment, order tracking, customs clearance/freight forwarding, storage and distribution, and logistics management information systems
· Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the provision of assistance to build the capacity and capability of national systems
· Report results of the projects’ work to USAID, the Ministry of Health, other funders, and the home office, and ensure timely submission of all deliverables
· Advanced degree in health or management-related discipline
· Minimum eight years of experience in public health program management, pharmaceuticals, and medical supplies and/or supply chain management systems
· Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs in a developing country context
· Demonstrated ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in large, complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical procurement, logistics, or supply chain management
· Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams
· Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in French
Send electronic submissions to PSMBurkinaFasoRecruit@gmail.com by June 30, 2016. Please submit your CV and cover letter with « Country Director – PSM Burkina Faso » in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only « Country Director – PSM Burkina Faso » in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check « I do not wish to complete the information requested. » Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.