University of Queensland Business School Scholarship 2017
Scholarship For MBA Program at University of Queensland Business School 2017 (Full-tuition)
Deadline: November 30, 2016
University of Queensland Business School is offering up to two (2) 100% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding international students commencing the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) in January of each year. The scholarship is available to students who undertake their MBA studies equivalent to Accelerated full-time study as defined by UQ Business School.
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicants to receive a 100% discount on their course tuition fees for the minimum number of units required to complete the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program unless otherwise stated.
The Scholarship Requirement
The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester of the program if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) makes a satisfactory rate of progress towards completing the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program
(c) fulfills the obligations* of the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
(d) remains a full-time MBA student.
The Academic Dean and Head of School alone will determine the meaning of the word “satisfactory” for the purpose of (a) and (b) above.
*Obligations of the scholarship holder are to:
- commence study in January including the MBA orientation event; and
- complete all 12 courses within the MBA program course list (no substitutions permitted); and
- fulfill all requirements associated with their student visa; and
- diligently and to the best of their ability apply themselves to the successful completion of the full-time (12 month) MBA program; and
- conform to The University of Queensland rules, regulations, policies, and procedures (including disciplinary provisions); and
- not defer or otherwise interrupt studies; and
- notify the Academic Dean and Head of School in writing if:
- they are absent for any reason (other than officially timetabled study breaks) for a period of 7 daysor more from the place of study, except with prior approval from the MBA Director.
Scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above will forfeit the scholarship. This will result in the scholarship being withdrawn, and the student will not be eligible to reapply for the scholarship.
The University of Queensland may require the scholarship holder to repay the tuition-fee waiver amount if the student fails to:
- meet all of the requirements in (a), (b), (c), and (d) as stated above; or
- successfully pass a course (grade of 4 or higher).
How to Apply
- Have already submitted an application for entry into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission*. That is, you must have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- supply two written references as follows:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- NOT have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
*Applications for admission to the full-time (12 month) MBA program should be submitted separately to your scholarship application. Details to apply for admission into the Accelerated full-time (12 month) MBA program are located on the Courses and Programs website.
For more information information, visit UQ Business School.