UNDP hires 01 International consultant
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 11 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
Job Title: International consultant to facilitate the Second Sub-Regional Dialogue on the MRV Framework in West Africa, Dakar – Senegal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will closely work to support the GSP in the development and facilitation of the “the Second Sub-Regional Dialogue on the MRV framework in West-Africa” organized in partnership with the UN Framework Convention on Climate on Climate Change Regional Collaboration Centre (RCC) in Lomé, Togo.
The Dialogue is to be held in Dakar, Senegal from 11-13 October 2017 and it will be composed of a two-day workshop on the 11th and 12th and a site visit on the 13th (to which the consultant is free to join, but not a compulsory task). The consultant’s tasks will be:
• To support the GSP in the design of the workshop. In this phase, virtual meetings will be held in order to identify key elements and construct the guide for the facilitation process of the meeting, based on lessons learnt from previous events and on UNDP capacity development principles;
• To facilitate the workshop during the regional dialogue to be held in Dakar, Senegal from 11 to 13 October 2016. The facilitator will use participatory methodologies following the guide for the facilitation process.
The facilitator will facilitate in French and English; therefore, the consultant should be fluent in both languages. The consultant will need to have background knowledge on MRV, ensure full implementation of the agenda, facilitate the transition from one resource person to another, ensure participants’ active engagement in the discussions, coordinate Question and Answers sessions and facilitate the practical exercises during the dialogue;
• To prepare a short report describing the results from the Dialogue and the participants’ feedbacks. The format of the report will be provided by the GSP, upon suggestions by the consultant, and will include a synthesis of the event, identified lessons relevant for GSP’s work as well as recommendations for future activities of the MRV network.
The consultant will be required to perform a mission to Dakar, Senegal, in order to attend a preparatory meeting with the organizers on October 10th as well as the workshop on the 11th and 12th of 12 October 2017.
The consultant may decide to join the site visit on the 13th of October, but this is not compulsory. The consultant shall include the travel costs in his/her proposal.Expected results / deliverables
The consultancy consists of approximately 8 working days, including the following deliverables:
• Previous to the workshop: support to the development of the dialogue agenda (whose first draft will be elaborated by the organizers), detailed programme and methodology, as well as preparatory meeting on the day before the workshop – approx. 3 days;
• Effective facilitation of the dialogue – 2 days (11th and 12th of October);
• Dialogue process report with a focus on key insights, evaluation; and recommendations – approx. 3 days.
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. A single payment at the end of the consultancy will be made, equivalent to 100% upon delivery and approval of three (3) tasks.
• Demonstrates strong ability to manage, facilitate, and engage in discussions with multiple stakeholders in a formal setting, seeking to encourage participation in an open and collegial environment;
• Works collaboratively with team members sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Proactive in problem-solving and recommendation for conflict prevention and resolution;
• Strong ability in managing confidential and politically sensitive issues, in a responsible way, and in accordance with protocols.
Interpersonal and communication skills:
• Strong communication skills and proven ability to collaborate between different actors and high level of internal and external relationship management;
• Uses tact and sensitivity when delivering sensitive information or resolving delicate issues;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
• Remains calm, and in control even under pressure.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in sustainable development, economics, engineering or a related field.
• At least 5 years of professional experience facilitating workshops, retreats and other interventions.
• Preferable to have at least 2 proven assignments on leading and facilitating trainings, workshops and capacity building activities in the field of international development, climate change and or UNFCCC intergovernmental process,
• Preferable to have experience in environment, climate change and greenhouse gas emissions in the African region.
• Preferable hands-on experience in the design and facilitation of multi-stakeholder meetings involving large international organizations (such as UN), with an experience in facilitating participation in team work in such settings;
• Preferable experience working with e United Nations system/UNDP/similar organisations, their expertise, practices, and procedures; particularly in conflict-affected and fragile areas;
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English and French;
Duration of the Work:
The consultancy will take place over the course of approx.8 working days, including 3 days prior to the Dialogue, 2 days of the workshop and 3 days to finalize the facilitators report.
Evaluation of applications:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical (P11 desk reviews) and financial criteria specific to the solicitation. Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.Technical Evaluation: 70% of total evaluation (maximum 70 points):
• Criteria A: A Master’s degree or equivalent in sustainable development, economics, engineering or a related field (5 Points);
• Criteria B: At least 5 years of professional experience facilitating workshops, retreats and other interventions (20 Points);
• Criteria C: proven assignments on leading and facilitating trainings, workshops and capacity building activities in the field of international development, climate change and UNFCCC intergovernmental process ; (15 points)
• Criteria D: Experience in environment, climate change and greenhouse gas emissions for the African region. (10 points);
• Criteria E: Hands-on experience in the design and facilitation of multi-stakeholder meetings involving large international organizations (such as UN), with an advanced ability to facilitate participation in team work in such settings. (10 points);
• Criteria F: Experience working with United Nations system/UNDP/similar organizations, its expertise, practices, and procedures; particularly in conflict-affected and fragile areas (10 points);
Financial Criteria: 30% of total evaluation (maximum 30 points)Application procedures:
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
• Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position. Please paste the letter into the « Resume and Motivation » section of the electronic application.
• Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from : ; please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
• Financial Proposal* (USD) – specifying
a) total amount for tasks specified in this announcement and
b) costs related to mission to Dakar (including i) travel costs and ii) per diem for 2 days in Dakar)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination, personal security needs and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services…).
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner. Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director.
Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives
Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, click on the link below if you are interested in this job position:
Click on the “submit application” button to upload P11 instead of your CV. Applications without P11 will not be considered.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
You can download the P11 form at http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc
Click on the link below to apply: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=74404