The PNUD hires 01 Communication Specialist
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 20 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
Initiative conjointe de la France et du PNUD, le Pôle « Stratégies de développement et finances publiques » (ci-après, “le Pôle”) est logé au sein de la Plateforme régionale pour l’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre du PNUD, à Dakar.
Il appuie les efforts des États d’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre dans l’intégration des objectifs stratégiques de croissance et de lutte contre la pauvreté, inscrits dans leurs stratégies nationales de développement, dans la programmation budgétaire pluriannuelle et annuelle, et ce dans le cadre des Objectifs de développement durable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary of Key Functions:
• Planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach.
• Elaboration and implementation of the publications strategy and plan.
• Supervision of the design and maintenance of the UNDP web site, intranet, CO web-based knowledge management system.
Support to business development.
• Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Effective management of the Communications Office and supervision of Communications staff.
Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented AgendaAnalysis and creation of messages and strategies
• Creates effective advocacy strategies.
• Contributes to the elaboration of advocacy strategies by identifying and prioritizing audiences and communication means.
• Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work.
Building Strategic PartnershipsIdentifying and building partnerships
• Sensitizes UN Partners, donors and other international organizations to the UNDP’s strategic agenda, identifying areas for joint efforts;
• Promotes UNDP’s agenda in inter-agency meetings.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing.
Developing tools and mechanisms
• Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches.
• Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms.
Job Knowledge/Technical ExpertiseIn-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
• Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines.
• Continues to seeks new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally.
• Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Creating Visibility for UNDP/Supporting UNDP’s Capacity to AdvocateDeveloping promotional projects and organizational messages
• Develops promotional activities based on monitoring/evaluation information identifying areas requiring higher visibility.
• Develops messages for use by UNDP staff when working with partners, internationally and nationally.
• Reviews documents and materials intended for use within and outside the organization in order to ensure consistency and validity of messages.
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s GoalsAnalysis and creation of messages and strategies
• Creates effective global advocacy messages/strategies;
• Contributes to the elaboration of a global advocacy strategy by identifying and prioritizing audiences and messages;
• Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise.
Developing innovative and creative approaches
• Leverages different experiences and expertise of team members to achieve better and more innovative outcomes.
Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
• Anticipates client needs;
• Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider;
• Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective.
• Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents.
• Building support and political acumen.
• Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
• Building and promoting effective teams.
• Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
• Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
• Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards;
• Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in media relations, journalism, publishing;
• Or License degree plus 6 years’ experience.
• 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
• Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems;
• Strong knowledge and experience of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
• Fluency in French, both written and oral;
• Knowledge in English is desirable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
Click on the link below