AU – Senior Policy Officer Youth Development and Capacity Building 2017
Deadline: April 28, 2017
The Commission of the African Union invites applicants who are citizens of Member States for the post of Senior Policy Officer Youth Development and Capacity Building within the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology. The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. In seeking to achieve these objectives, the African Union intends to strengthen its human resourced on filling in all its vacant posts.
The purpose of the job is to provide strategic support to the Head of Division and ensure positive contributions to the achievement of the African Union’s vision towards Youth Development issues and the programmes related to the capacity building targeting the youth in Africa and in the Diaspora. The appointment will be made on regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months be consider as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Policies and Strategies for Inter-African cooperation in the field of Human Resources and youth development
- Cooperation, Collaboration and Network development
- Project development and management
- Administration and logistics
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 35,300.00 (P3 Step 1) per annum
- Plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 14,414.40 (per annum), education allowance (75% of tuition and other education related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$7,800.00 per child per annum), etc. for internationally recruited staff of the Commission.
- Candidates from the following least represented countries at the African Union Commission are encouraged to apply: Angola, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea, Guinea (Rep), Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Namibia, Sahrawi Arab Republic, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles , Somalia and South Sudan;
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Community work, Youth Development, Capacity building or Policy related fields with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience out of which three (3) years at a supervisory level;
- Candidates with First University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Community work, Youth Development, Capacity building or Policy related fields would be considered provided they have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Youth development and Capacity Building out of which 5 years of experience at a supervisory level;
- Good background in education, training and development will be a strong asset;
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment Website not later than April 28, 2017.
For more information, visit Job at the AU.