The Saville Foundation Pan-African Awards For Entrepreneurship in Education 2016
Deadline: July 15, 2016
Applications are now open for the Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship.
Do you have an innovative and inspiring education or training project that is based in Africa? Does your organisation actively demonstrate the success of their entrepreneurial approach to education? Can you show that your project has had a positive impact on young people and your community? If yes, then apply for Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education.
The Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education is a competition initiated by Teach A Man To Fish and generously sponsored by our partner organisation The Saville Foundation. It rewards organisations that contribute to Africa’s long term growth and development through an entrepreneurial approach to education and training.
The competition is open to all organizations that are based in Africa and working with young people for entrepreneurship in education. This means, organisations that work to cultivate entrepreneurial and workplace skills in youth or find innovative ways to fund education.
Eligible countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of the), Congo-Brazzaville (also known as Republic of the Congo), Côte d’Ivoire (commonly known as Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The main features of projects awarded includes
- Entrepreneurial– Organizations with innovative ways of tackling problems in education, generate their own income, or empower future generations of entrepreneurs.
- Sustainability– Organizations which are financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in the future; these organizations look beyond donations and subsidies as their primary source of income.
- Impact- Organizations which have achieved measurable results in terms of educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community.
Prizes & Benefits
- First prize of $15,000, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $5,000.
- A sponsored trip to our international conference.
- Enhanced visibility and publicity.
- Enhanced sponsorship and donation opportunities.
- A chance to win our ‘partner prize’ to work with Teach A Man To Fish and the School Enterprise Challenge.
How to Apply
Please complete and submit your application directly on the Teach A Man To Fish . If you have any further questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact the competition organisers email@example.com.
All entries must be accompanied by work contact details of a suitable referee who is able to confirm that the contents of the entry are a true and accurate representation of the entrant’s work. Referees must be i) independent of your organisation and ii) either a government official, qualified professional, or senior employee of an internationally recognized institution
For more information, visit Teach a Man to Fish