Save the Children recrute recrute 01 Regional Office Finance Officer
Descriptif du poste
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 01 Year
The West and Central Africa Region has a regional management office in Dakar. The primary role of the regional management unit is to support and build the capacity about 10-11 country programmes across the region. The regional management unit is also a small business unit in itself and as such receives funds from SCI and Donors to run both oversight related operations as well as regional programmes. The regional management office will need back office support to assure proper use and management of these funds. In finance, the RO Awards and Partnership Finance Officer will oversee the financial operations of the regional management unit in Dakar.
The RO Finance Officer will work as part of the WCA Regional Finance Team and his/her primary function is acting as Finance point person for the regional office partners and awards financial management. In Finance, the Finance Officer will contribute to the implementation of the policies and procedures and is in charged with implementing controls and procedures for the Regional awards and partners. The post holder will take over the Regional Office Finance Manager and the Senior Accountant tasks during their absences, managing the regional office financial management system (Agresso) in ensuring accurate and prompt preparation of monthly and yearly accounts for this unit.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified accountant CPA or ACCA and a degree in business related subjects
- 4 to 5 years’ experience as a Finance Officer preferably with an INGO or a financial institutions
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projection
- A high level of written and verbal communication in English and French and interpersonal skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience of computer use (MS-Excel, PowerPoint & MS-Word), preferably with accounting package Agresso.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.