NextBillion Mentorship Program for People with Disabilities 2017
Deadline: October 27, 2016
Applications are now open for the 2017 NextBillion.org Mentorship Program for People with Disabilities. This is a mentorship program connecting people with disabilities to industry leaders in the technology space.
NextBillion.org is a community where people with disabilities connect with industry leaders in technology to build empowering mentorships, and where businesses can provide opportunities to diversify their workforce. The first cohort is a 12-week mentorship program from December 3, 2016 to February 4, 2017. They connect mentees and mentors (industry leaders) based on shared experiences, goals and stories. Their focus for this cohort is the field of technology.
- Access to a community of people with disabilities and industry leaders
- Special opportunities to connect with our 20+ community partner organizations.
- A tailored mentorship program over 12-weeks to help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- A team to help guide your mentorship and help you make the best of it.
Anyone with a disability and an interest in technology can apply as a mentee, and any industry leaders in technology (with or without disabilities) are welcome to apply as mentors. If you are selected as a mentee, the program would require approximately 2 hours per week in terms of time commitments.
For Mentees, applicants should:
- Have a visible or invisible disability;
- Have an interest in technology (product, engineering, design, marketing, etc.)
- Be able to commit 2 hours per week towards the mentorship program.
- Be passionate to learn from an inclusive community.
To apply as a mentor, you:
- Must have industry experience in technology (product, engineering, design, marketing, etc.)
- Should be able to commit 2 hours per week towards the mentorship program,
- May or may not have disability
- Should be passionate about sharing knowledge and experiences with people with disabilities.
There is no age limit on the program.
To apply as a mentor or mentee, click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit NextBillion Mentorship.