Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship 2017
Deadline: February 24, 2017
The Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Program brings together emerging leaders dedicated to preserving and enhancing our shared environment. This program is a game-changing opportunity for scholars and practitioners eager to take up the mantle of environmental leadership and stewardship for the rising generation. The program connects fellows with highly accomplished national and international leaders, providing them with the skills to:
- Foster sustainable environmental impact;
- Build cross-sector partnerships to accomplish key goals;
- Inspire new ideas and innovative change in the policies and programs that safeguard natural resources and promote a healthy global ecosystem.
- Fellows are awarded a full tuition scholarship and health fees for up to two years, depending on the length of their graduate degree program;
- Fellows are eligible for a stipend up to $10,000 for up to two years depending on their graduate degree program.
- Open to applicants entering their first year of study in any of the Harvard Kennedy School’s masters’ degree programs. Students pursuing a joint degree at HKS and another Harvard graduate or professional school or those in concurrent programs at other approved universities or schools may also apply;
- The fellowship will be open to all admitted master’s degree program students and will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin.
- Step 1: Apply to Harvard Kennedy School: Application deadline is December 1, 2016.
- Step 2: Apply for the Fellowship;
- Applicants must submit:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae, not to exceed 2 pages in length;
- A document containing written responses to the following two prompts:
- Please discuss a topic you are passionate about and its personal significance (1,000 words or less).
- Please discuss briefly your interest in the Louis Bacon Environmental Fellowship and how your experiences and goals have motivated you to apply (200 words or less).
- Two letters of recommendation specifically supporting your candidacy for the Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship. The letters must be in PDF form, signed by the referrer and on letterhead indicating the referrer’s institution/organization. Recommendation letters must be received by the deadline date for the application to be considered. All application materials, including recommendations must be submitted by the fellowship application deadline, February 24, 2017.
Finalists for the Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship will be will be interviewed in mid-March 2017 by the Louis Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship Selection Committee.
For more information, visit Bacon Environmental Leadership Fellowship.