Recruitement to the World Food Program :
The Academic Journal shares on the recruitment of a communication agent with a World Food Program.
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 22-04-2017
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Details of the offer:
Area of expertise: Communications
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
Closing date: 22 April 2017, 01:59 GMT
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N°03/2017/FT-NOB
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
POSITION OPEN TO SENEGALESE NATIONALS ONLY
Title: Communications Officer
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Vacancy Type: External
Duration: 1 year – (renewable after satisfactory probation)
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West Africa
Closing date of application: 21 Avril 2017
A. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT:
This job is based in Dakar Regional Bureau under the Regional Communications Unit/Function, reporting to the Regional Communications Officer Head. The job holder will operate with minimal supervision, and will be heavily involved in day-to-day activities, analytical work and provide advice on less complex issues.
B. JOB PURPOSE/Recruitement to the World Food Program:
To implement the communications plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, providing research and analysis and prioritizing effectively.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Implement country-specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies.
2. Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s).
3. Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, in order to support regular and appropriate communications.
4. Support the social media plan by developing social media content, and utilizing platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
5. Generate content including text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, in order to support global and country fund-raising activities and public awareness, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
6. Monitor and analyse traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies.
7. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Collate outreach data to contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports.
9. Support communications activities that enable informed decision making and ensure consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders.
10. Support capacity building of WFP staff on all aspects of communication; provide advice and guidance to ensure that all activities meet desired standards of consistency, quality and impact. (For example the design and review of training materials.)
11. Liaise and interact with WFP staff and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
12. Collaborate closely with Communication Officers of RBD country offices (notably for the drafting and publication of press releases or stories illustrating WFP activities and highlighting contributions from donor countries).
13. Other duties as required.
C. DESIRE EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Has gained experience in utilizing specialized communications techniques.
• Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS/Recruitement to the World Food Program:
Education: Advanced university degree in journalism, international relations, public relations, communications or other relevant field, or bachelor’s degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/ courses.
Language: International Professional Fluency (level C) in English and French is required.
CONDITIONS AND TERMS/Recruitement to the World Food Program
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
D. IN ORDER TO APPLY:
Applicants should follow application process below and submit their CV.
Go to: http://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE/Recruitement to the World Food Program: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Apply here: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB