Call for United Nations Volunteers Programme Officers 2017
Deadline: March 19, 2017
A general call for United Nations Volunteers Programme Officers (UNV POs) is ongoing. UNV Programme Officers (UNV POs) are the country level representatives of the organization in ensuring and delivering key results of the UNV Strategic Framework. UNV has approximately 70 UNV Programme Officers in the field. They normally report to the UNDP Deputy Resident Representative (Programme) at country level, while working in close collaboration with a Portfolio Manager at UNV headquarters in Bonn, Germany.
Key Strategic Functions
- Advocacy and Partnership Building;
- Programme Development and Management;
- Volunteer Mobilization and Management;
- Candidates should have a Master’s degree in social sciences, political science, public or business administration, economics or related fields;
- 5 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in managing and implementing programmes in the context of development or in the area of humanitarian relief or in crisis management. Work experience with the United Nations is an asset;
- Fluency in English is required. However, since many of the upcoming vacancies require bilingual candidates, candidates who are fluent in English and, in addition, French or Spanish or Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply. Any additional language (such as Arabic or Russian) is an asset, and another UN official language is highly desirable;
- The selection process may include the following steps: telephone screening/video interviewing, technical assessments and competency based interviews. Since this process will be for a group of candidates, and not be limited to one assignment, the entire process is expected to take up to three months.
- Already registered candidates are able to apply by using the application code indicated in this general Description of Assignment (DOA). Non-registered candidates have to use the application code available in the DOA after registering their profile in the UNV database.
For more information, visit UNV General Call for Programme Officers.