USAID – African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals Scholarships 2017
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Applications are invited for the Scholarships for African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals (AfYWSP) West Africa. As part of its Research and Capacity Building Program, the African Water Association is setting up research fellowships for young water and sanitation professionals in West Africa. This program, funded by USAID West Africa through the AfriCap Program (WASH – African Water Association – AfWA – Capacity Building Program –AfriCap), will provide young graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) with research scholarships.
Candidates for the award of a scholarship shall formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They may also apply with one of the research topics proposed by one of AfWA members. The topics will be available on AfWA’s website.
- Each grant, amounting to $ 1,000, will reward each selected project in accordance with the budget.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a West African country;
- Have duly registered in their academic institutions;
- Speak and write fluently in the language used by the academic institution;
- Have obtained an average greater than or equal to 12/20 or B in Master I;
- Present an application file including the last diploma, the transcripts of Master 1, the curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation (one should be from the academic supervisor), the research proposal as specified, a letter of motivation and a plan of action for the studies.
- Download the application form;
- Applicants must submit their application electronically simultaneously to the contact person of AfWA in their institution and to the coordination of the program (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
For more information, visit AfYWSP Scholarships.