YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop in Cambodia 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2017
The Asia Foundation is now accepting applications for the YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop sponsored by the State Department through the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh. The YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop will bring together 50 YSEALI members from across ASEAN countries to promote STEM education among youth. Participants in the workshop will have an opportunity to participate in informational sessions, discussions on STEM education and challenges, and break-out sessions on different topics and group presentations.
Launched in 2013, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. Department of State’s signature program to strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia. Through a variety of programs and engagements, YSEALI seeks to build the leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture an ASEAN community of leaders who work across borders to solve common issues.
The regional workshop will bring together 50 participants from ASEAN countries from February 28th to March 3rd, 2018 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Ten YSEALI members will be selected from Cambodia, and 40 other YSEALI members will be selected from the rest of the ASEAN region.
All program costs including flight/transportation, meals, and accommodation will be covered. Please note that only flights within the 10 ASEAN countries are eligible; additional costs are the responsibility of participants.
- Be aged between 18-25;
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN member state (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam);
- Be YSEALI member (To be a YSEALI member, please register at http://yseali.state.gov);
- Can speak and read English;
- Have a keen interest in STEM education and/or STEM-related pursuits, exhibit leadership potential, and demonstrate an awareness for and interest in engaging in regional educational activities;
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the dates specified;
- Have a passport that is valid for at least for 6 months from the departure date.
Note: priority will be given to those who have not attended a YSEALI regional workshop or fellowship.
Applications must be submitted through the online application form by December 31, 2017.
For more information, visit YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop.