Xalam Analytics recruits 01 Technology Analyst
- Job Type: Flexible – Term contract, part-time or full time
- Location: Multiple – Nairobi, Kenya; Johannesburg or Cape Town; Accra Ghana, or Dakar, Senegal.
Who we are
We are a research and advisory firm, focused on digital infrastructure and services markets in emerging economies. We combine frontier tech market fundamental approaches with the use of modern data analytics, to provide in-depth, data-driven investment insights on connectivity, cloud, Fintech and IoT in some of the most complex, yet exciting technology markets in the world.
Our clients are some of the world’s largest technology firms and financial investors. As a firm, we have been raising the bar for research depth on frontier technology markets, and we are transforming the way our customers use data to make investment and business decisions.
What you will do, how you will grow
We are hiring a research analyst to support our research of digital infrastructure and services in the African region. If you have above-average feel for numbers and Excel, have a fascination for next generation technologies and a passion, strong interest for or understanding of African markets, then this is the opportunity for you.
You will support, and contribute insights into our market assessment, technology forecasting, corporate strategy and investment advisory work covering markets from Kenya to Cote-d’Ivoire. You will have the opportunity to execute high-value, highly strategic investment and technology projects for a broad range of high-profile customers.
What are the key responsibilities of this role?
At Xalam, we collect large amounts of ground-level data, analyze it, develop insights and communicate those insights in a manner that add value to our clients’ work and decisions. You will largely work independently, while part of a cohesive research team. As such, you will be expected to be a dynamic self-starter and independent problem-solver, able to deliver under tight deadlines and blend into a high-performing, data-driven, global and multi-cultural team.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Data collection through secondary and primary research (interviews);
- Analysis of market player financial, strategic and other reports;
- Basic to extensive Excel modelling (depending on skill level)
- Extensive analytical writing – market/investment reports and strategic briefs
- Dissemination of insights, through public writing and presentations.
This is a remote position. The successful candidate will be expected to work remotely, accessing online tools and collaborating with colleagues and customers across continents. The preferred locations for this position are Dakar, Senegal, Nairobi, Kenya, Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa; Accra, Ghana.
Key qualifications for this role:
- Undergraduate (or graduate) degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint is essential.
- Fluency in English is required; French proficiency is a strong plus; proficiency with other languages is an advantage.
- Work experience at a data analytics firm or management consultancy is a plus.
- Experience in researching African markets is essential.
- Appetite for understanding and tracking ICT markets.
- A high degree of professionalism and credibility.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-performing start-up atmosphere.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Flexibility – various part-time/full-time/contract options can be explored, subject to experience and compensation.
- Work remotely (with expense reimbursement), while connecting with a global team.
Our commitment to you is that you will have a stronger career profile and deeper experience when you leave us, through high-value project work, and extensive training from experienced management, on business, data analytics, forecasting and economics.
If you believe the above criteria describe you, please get in touch. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of requests, please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Xalam Analytics is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!
Closing date : 18 December 2021.