World Vision recruits 01 Regional Finance Director Africa
- Manage 2 Regional Finance Directors, and overview of all CFOs of the 3 MFIs in the Region with a dotted line of reporting. 15%
- Engage with internal and external Auditors over key Audit findings, and work with management and hold them accountable for closing these identified gaps. 5%
- Accountable to ensure regular assessment, and verification of MFIs compliance with financial policies, procedures and standards. 10%
- Accountable for the input to, development of, and implementation of the VFI Finance Manual and other policies and procedures in the MFIs, and responsible to approve and agree any exceptions where appropriate. 5%
- Responsible to oversee the monitoring and the giving of early warning of liquidity and funding needs within the MFIs in the Region. 10%
- Ensure there is appropriate and sufficient infrastructure and staff capacity within MFIs to manage financial risk. Tracking compliance with financial risk requirements in region. Support and guide MFIS to build appropriate Management ALCO committees. 10%
- Direct the MFI’s planning and reporting process and ensure the development of the MFI’s strategies plans and reports are aligned to VFI, have financial integrity, and are achievable. Ensure that MFI will uploaded accurate data into BANK BI reporting platform in timely manner. 10%
- Accountable to ensure the MFIs are receiving training on Finance and Accounting, primarily through periodic Regional Webex calls but also through face to face conferences and training events when the opportunities arise. 10%
- Mentor, coach and motivate the Regional Financial Specialists, developing them and ensuring their well-being and effectiveness in their roles. 10%
- Formulate VisionFund’s strategy and development as an active Member of the Regional Africa Team. Position will have dotted line reporting to VFI CFO and will be active member of global center finance team. 10%
- Perform on-site financial and strategic reviews and due diligences on MFIs. Other ad hoc strategic projects as required. 5%
- Ensure all work and influence is in alignment with VisionFund’s vision and mission, and that World Vision’s values are embedded in everything don.
- Degree in finance or accounting, MBA.
- CPA or equivalent accounting background is a must
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Given the need to control financial risk within the MFI’s, it is imperative that this individual has a deep financial analysis and accounting understanding.
- Thorough knowledge and extensive experience (min. 10 years) in microfinance and/or banking.
- Understanding of balance sheet risk management including interest rate risk, liquidity risk and foreign exchange risk as well as bank funding processes and contracting.
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and strong preference for French
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Solid understanding of financial reporting and performance measurements and planning/forecasting.
- Consulting skills to be able to analyze, recommend solutions, mentor and direct people.
List additional work experience preferred for this position.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Balanced and respectful approach to groups’ differing responsibilities. Sensitive to complexity of WV direction, MFI board independence and shareholder requirements.
- Good communication and influence skills in both oral and written forms.
- Effective coach, able to train people in VisionFund policies and procedures formally and informally.
- Must be experienced in managing effective support of accounting computer software systems.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Must be cross culturally sensitive as will work with associates from every area of the world.
- Flexibility on hours to contact people within wide time zone differences is required.
- Able to balance Christian values with commercial practices.
Include travel & work environment details.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.Postuler