World Vision recruits 01 Director, IT Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
The Director, EPMO Director is responsible for operations of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), improving the overall maturity of IT Project Portfolio management across the organization, and tracking and reporting. S/he is responsible for managing a team of program and project managers, supporting and enabling the organization’s global, cross-functional initiatives. The Director, EPMO ensures that the work of the EPMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set by executive management.
Individuals within the IT leadership job family have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company’s strategic business plan. They oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this job family provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders. They are also responsible for participating and leading the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT groups within the organization.
To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills and competencies. This requires an understanding of client’s business needs, processes and functions. They also need a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Business and IT Strategy:
- Develops the tactical components and strategies to achieve goals at an enterprise level.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Ensures that all programs and projects managed by PMO follow standards: workplan, budget, project organization and governance structure, communication, change management, performance management.
- Stays current on industry trends in the development of enterprise planning tools that support agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies.
- Articulates change.
- Is active and visible throughout the change process.
- Provides frequent, communication to department/organization and clients about the change (i.e., rationale, expected outcomes, the « big” picture) and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Builds a coalition of sponsorship (managers, staff and clients) and manages resistance to the change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
- Oversees the administration of the Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Tool (Smartsheet).
- Ensures consistent portfolio and project reporting and tracking across all stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional peers and Senior Leadership, to deliver high quality products that satisfy internal and external customer expectations.
- Partners with IT Strategic Planning and Business Relationship Management for vetting of new pipeline opportunities.
- Partners with the functional business and technology leaders on the implementation of program and project management processes, methods, techniques, tools, guidelines, and standards.
- Leads or participates in a customer advisory board to manage IT services demand.
- Communicates client’s needs and priorities and provides feedback on pricing and investment.
- Provides input to technology planning within multiple functional areas.
- Implements solutions consistent with current and future architecture.
- Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
IT Technology Development:
- Directs the development and implementation of technology solutions required to increase business efficiency and effectiveness.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs):
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Monitors ePMO and project team resource capacity and acts as the escalation point for constraints.
- Lead and mentor a team of globally-dispersed Project Managers responsible for Enterprise-Level projects over 8 Business and Technology portfolios.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within a limited number of COCs or functions.
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
- BS/BA degree in technical/information science or a related field.
- 10+ years project management experience overseeing technology projects; 5 years should reflect direct management experience with increasing levels of management responsibilities.
- 5+ years experience managing a group of Project Managers or Scrum Masters.
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches.
- Knowledge of resource management tools.
- At least 3+ Smartsheet administration/management experience (Control Center experience a plus).
- Candidates must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a dynamic, often remote-based environment.
- Experience leading ePMO is preferred along with the skills to effectively manage a midsize team of project managers, and execute plans with focus on quality.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- PMP and CSM certifications.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Application deadline: 11 March 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.wvi.org.