World Vision International recrute 01 Senior Water, Hygiene and Sanitation Manager
- Resource Acquisition: Lead the process of identification, assessment and design of new WASH projects in Development and emergency contexts including developing project proposals in line with the LEAP framework and Donor requirements.
Building Partnerships: Pursue and develop meaningful and formal partnerships with Government, UN agencies, NGO’s, CSOs, research institutes and other community stakeholders that will compliment WVB WASH programmes.
Representation and Coordination: represent World Vision Senegal and coordinate with the concerned Technical Ministry and other WASH stakeholders at national level on WASH ; actively participate in appropriate national meetings/workshops and remain up-to-date of key WASH developments in the Country and provide input into WASH policy/protocols at the national level. (30%)
- Building Capacity and participation in the human resource management in the Development and Emergency Settings: Support project implementation teams through providing targeted training, tools and resources on a regular basis to facilitate timely and quality delivery of programmes. Participate in WASH staff recruitment , assess their skills and development. (15%)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Planning: Support WASH sector programs’ monitoring, evaluation, planning and reporting processes, with development of tools that can facilitate effective implementation and quality of project deliveries in emergency and development contexts. (10%)
- Technical inputs and Contribute to capitalization and advocacy: Review, provide inputs and endorse WASH programs technical matters, including providing support to the process of procurement, supply and delivery of all equipment, materials, staffing, and all other necessary inputs to successful project outcomes, working with relevant WV departments. Ensure appropriate follow in evolution/changes within approaches implemented in emergency and development settings and feed advocacy purposes and support the development of a multi-sectorial WV advocacy strategy and its implementation at National level. (10%)
- Mainstreaming: Contribute the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in all WV WASH programmes, in particular the integration of child protection, disability and gender. Ensure focus on Child Well-being outcomes, in particular the Health and Nutrition outcomes, in all WASH programs. (5%)
- Information Management: Support keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all programme documents, resources, lessons, good practices and facilitate their dissemination and use within the NO, across the partnership and with partners. (5%)
- Innovation: Facilitate the introduction of new, innovative practices, methodologies or concepts in WV WASH programmes in development and Emergency settings. (10%)
- Contribution to the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of programs :Coordinate the implementation of the recommendations made as a result of internal and external assessments, lead any WASH relevant survey in emergency and
- Development settings at required time of the different programs. (5%)
- Strengthening Enterprise-wide Risk Management: Contribute to cultivate risk sensitive and management culture in WASH and ensure the major risks are monitored shared on quarterly basics and tentative solutions are found and implemented. (5%)
- Youth and gender WASH programming: Ensure the Youth and Gender WASH is put in the central of WASH interventions to be able to contribute to the break of the cycle of diseases. (5%)
Must be a committed humanitarian, able to stand above complex diversities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written French and English and sensitivity to other cultures.
- Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
- Consistently achieves high-level results, managing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Has high-level leadership and supervisory skills; provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
- High ability to engage with Donors and market WV Senegal profile on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
- Sets, develops and revises organizational strategy and develops clear visions for the WASH sector future potential.
- Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government leaders and stakeholders.
- Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates teamand department-wide activities.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Civil Engineer /M.Sc. Degree in Engineering, Hydraulics, Hydrogeology, Mechanical, Environmental Sanitation, Water Resource Engineering & related engineering fields;
- At least 10 years relevant experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in an international NGO or similar organization with minimum of 5 years managerial position;
- Strong adherence to World Vision values;
- Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and integrity;
- Proven experience of managing donor(s) funded projects or programs;
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and internet;
- Knowledge and Experience in CLTS-H, SLTS-H, DBC Framework, and PHAST;
- Proven knowledge of community development;
- Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff and partners;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in budget and Leap Budget preparation and report writing;
- Fluent in oral and written French and English languages.
- Leadership and active listening Skills
- Capacity for initiatives, planning, performance monitoring
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and coordinate work
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Closing date: 13 October 2023.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.