World Vision International recrute 01 Directeur régional des moyens de subsistance et de la résilience
The position provides leadership and technical excellence to the West Africa region’s Livelihoods & Resilience sector, leveraging both internal and external stakeholders to maximize their contribution to child well-being. Grows the Livelihoods & Resilience portfolio through new business development including grants, contracts, and strategic partnerships. Oversees World Vision’s sector programming to ensure that it reflects the organizational distinctive of Christ-centered, community-empowering, and child-focused in its standards and practices and the highest technical standards are met in its programming. Builds WV’s reputation in the sector, creates partnerships and innovative approaches, and strengthens and mobilizes WV’s sector community of practice to execute excellence in programming that demonstrates evidence of impact. Positions and brands WV as a leading child-focused organization and represents WV at high-level regional platforms and other external engagement forums.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Masters degree in economics, social sciences, international development or a closely related field the sector-related expertise area.
- In-depth knowledge/expertise in sector programming including evidence-based best practices.
- Proven livelihoods subject matter expert with a minimum of 12 years of experience designing and leading regional or global livelihoods programming in a developing context including West and Central Africa region.
- Strong experience developing strategy and policy within the International NGO sector or a development agency such as the United Nations.
- Strong experience and proven skills in leading a team of technical professionals and growing a global livelihoods portfolio.
- Strong experience in working with grant-funded programs by bilateral and multilateral donors
- Strong experience and proven skills in working effectively to advance priorities and achieve change, in situations without direct authority in which influence, relationships, and technical quality are needed to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically grow technical portfolio through new business development, partnerships, grants and contracts.
- Strong experience and proven skills in external engagement that contributes to change in policy and practice and builds WV’s reputation as a leader in the industry.
- Experience in working with faith, faith actors and faith-related issues in development Experience of HEA and fragile contexts.
- Recent and extensive experience living and working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in French and English. Additional languages representative of the countries WV serves in an advantage.
- Fluent in both French and English
- Masters in economics, social sciences, international development or a closely related field required, with a strong preference for relevant doctoral-level degree.
- Proven experience developing new livelihoods and resilience products and growing livelihoods and resilience programs in a variety of contexts.
- Experience working with and managing large grants in sector programming for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Experience growing a diverse global portfolio through new business development, strategic positioning, grants, contracts and partnerships.
- Previous experience working in a Country Office/National Office or Regional Office setting will be advantageous.
- Experience working in fragile, conflict, post-conflict and/or difficult operating environments is preferred.
- West Africa experience preferred. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Strong preference for multi-lingual candidates, language skills representative of the countries WV serves is an advantage. Strong preference for French-speaking candidates (bilingual and or multi-lingual candidates will be advantageous).
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.