|World Vision Intenational recruits 01 Senior Regional Engagement Manager|
Description de l’offre
Senior Regional Engagement Manager
• Dakar, Sénégal
• Management – Gestion de Projet
World Vision Intenational is hiring a Senior Regional Engagement Manager.
World Vision is hiring a French-Speaking Senior Regional Engagement Manager (SREM) to serve on the Resource Mobilization & Collaboration team (RMC) within the International Programs Group. This position will be based and focused on West Africa.
At a Glance
Role:?Senior Regional Engagement Manager (SREM)
Location:?Dakar, Senegal (West Africa)
Reports to: World Vision US Senior Director of Operations
Required experience: Working knowledge of French. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. Requires a minimum of five years of international development work experience in an overseas location. A minimum of five years proven experience in grant acquisition and management, with specific experience in successful proposal writing; management of large-scale multi sector proposal development process; donor cultivation and grant opportunity positioning; acquiring and managing grants for US Government agencies and large US based foundations.
Travel: Up to 30% of time both in development and fragile contexts.
The Job: World Vision is looking for a Senior Regional Engagement Manager to work to achieve the following objectives that directly contribute to maximizing WVUS revenue and fulfilling US donor expectations/promise:
• Working with International Programs Group (IPG) annual business plans to analyze context, resources, funding pipeline; flag opportunities for leveraging technical support and resources across sectors and funding streams; identify potential opportunities/conflicts within WVUS strategies (both public and private funding channels) and inform respective unit leadership.
• Facilitate as requested or needed, the work of IPG units with Field Offices in assigned region which includes but is not limited to, funding pipeline analysis, strategy development, knowledge management, technical branding, networks, partnering (local and global), capacity building and support for in country donor positioning.
• Support as requested or needed, the work of IPG units in long-term positioning with US Government donors, US Foundations, US corporations and key stakeholders (such as academic institutions, corporations and NGO partners) in assigned region (s).
• Provide surge capacity in proposal development and management for complex US Government grant opportunities
• Support Regional Office and Support Office initiatives in strengthening strategies, systems, structures and accountability related to US donors within the Field Offices in assigned region(s)
• Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
• Support as appropriate, International Programs Group (IPG), Transformational Engagement (TE) and field offices in proposal development and resource acquisition activities. Support areas to include:
• Liaison with the Global Center Ministry Teams and the Technical Service Organization (TSO) to channel technical support to grant acquisition, start up and implementation for both public and private grants.
• Support WVUS/IPG and World Vision International (WVI) initiatives to build capacity in resource acquisition and grant management areas, including but not limited to:
• Coach National Office leadership in their representational roles with key decision makers in local US Embassies, USAID Missions, partners organizations, and donors.
• Promote and support Field Office leadership initiatives to prioritize and strengthen their public grant acquisition process and grow grant revenue.
• Promote and support Field Office leadership initiatives to integrate, both geographically and programmatically, their private and publicly funded programming portfolios in order to maximize WV’s competitiveness through improved program impact and cost effectiveness. This includes minimizing cash match requirements and maximizing indirect cost recovery.
• Develop and provide strategic leadership and supervision for the formation and implementation of regional US public funded engagement plans that align to the Our Promise Partnership Strategy in coordination with regional Grant Acquisition Management directors. This includes improving the systems and communication processes that support grant acquisition and management.
• Maintain current knowledge of regional strategies and field needs in order to facilitate effective and coordinated WVUS representation in prioritized working groups and support teams.
• Develop regional investment plans on behalf of IPG units that highlight key WVUS deliverables and performance metrics based on the IPG business plan and priority initiatives for assigned region (s). Flag opportunities for cross unit leveraging of effort and identify potential opportunities and conflicts with WVI strategies.
• Develop donor engagement strategies for specific countries for both WVUS and the WV Partnership that align with organizational strategy.
• Collaborate with IPG sector teams to develop a coherent regional overview of all development and relief programming status/achievement and compliance with donor promise.
• Speak to WVUS and WVI advocacy and policy engagement plans and priorities to ensure field and donor engagement needs are fully reflected in plans.
• Establish collaborative relationships and networks within WVUS, WVI and other Support Offices as needed.
• Promote the WVUS perspective and priorities in field and other Support Office planning, including potentials for shared initiatives.
• Build external relationship and networks that broadly support resource acquisition and allocation, including contacts and relationships with other NGO’s and peer organizations to learn from, share and apply best practices in acquisition and management of public grants.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in Regional, National and other Support Offices, especially with those responsible for resource acquisition and management.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across WVUS IPG and TE to ensure donor and public engagement and resource acquisition plans align with WVUS business priorities.
You Bring These Skills:
• Broad stakeholder networking
• Funding pipeline analysis
• Capacity building – strategy and implementation
• Relationship management
• Donor cultivation
• External engagement
• Winning grant proposal development
Education and Experience
• Working knowledge of French required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. Postgraduate degree preferred.
• In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of five years of international development work experience in an overseas location.
• A minimum of five years proven experience in grant acquisition and management, with specific experience in successful proposal writing, management of proposal development and grant opportunity positioning, and acquiring and managing grants for US Government agencies and large US based foundations.
Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
• Conflict management
• Theory of Change development
• Evidence & Learning / research
Where This Job Could Take Your Career:
The SREM position will foster broad stakeholder relationships with an opportunity to improve generalist development knowledge and promote thought leadership initiatives.
You’ll be part of World Vision USA as well as part of the larger World Vision International Partnership.
Globally, we have over 37,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries (900+ staff with World Vision US).
About World Vision
We’re a global Christian humanitarian organization.
We partner with children, families, and their communities to empower them as they reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For nearly 70 years, World Vision has followed Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. We serve every child regardless of faith.
Salary Range & Benefits
Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started.
We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
Click here to learn more.
What happens next?
We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role.
If questions arise on our end, we will message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff.
Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to connect with additional members of our staff lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role.
Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time.
All interviews will be virtual at this time.
Working Environment / Conditions
Standard office environment. Domestic and international travel required up to 30%. May require trips to hazardous locations.
Closing date : 4 June 2021.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :