World vision hires 01 Regional Security Coordinator
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 10 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support the Regional Office in ensuring that security directives as received from SDO, RSD and OCS are realized at National Office level across the WA region and that security capacity is built, monitored and maintained within each national context.
Lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by working with the RSD and National Security Managers on security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
Strategy & Planning
• Assist National Offices security staff with alignment of NO strategy and WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the National Office are appropriately supported.
• Under guidance from the RSD, ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, training, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
Provide leadership/ management of the security team in country
• Work with National Directors and Regional Security Director to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
• Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required
• Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings
• Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
• Conduct security investigations as and when required.
Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
• Assist in building NO capacity to effectively participate in NGO security networks and ensure information from these groups is disseminated according to agreed protocols.
Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination in conjunction with the RSD
Capacity Building and Technical Training
• Coordinate the assessment and implementation of OCS mandated Core Security Requirements at NO level and develop capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
• Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
Conduct security related training for NO staff in conjunction with RSD.
Reporting and Documentation
• Provide a regular security report to the National Office, Region and Office of Corporate Security.
• Follow up on security incidents as directed and ensure reports are generated in accordance with WV Security Policy.
• Conduct performance reviews of field-based security personnel.
• Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately
Direct Reporting: Regional Security Director
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Police/Law Enforcement or military training
• No previous criminal record or convictions
• REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the security officer is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment (probation period)
• At least 5 years experience in a proven security or emergency service field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors in military, security or law enforcement services).
• Operational experience
• Training delivery/Capacity building experience
• Strategic / Managerial experience
• Minimum three (3) years experience working with UN Agency / NGO
• Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
• Demonstrated project management stills and the ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
• Ability to communicate well in English & French(verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation
Valid Passport and Drivers License
• First Aid qualified
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
• Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values
• Proven leadership /management skills
• Ability to understand/assess and provide recommendations on all standards contained within the Core Security Requirements framework
• Ability to understand and apply the Security Risk Analysis process
• Previous security related work experience
• Have completed current HEAT/SRMT training.
Has a working knowledge of core humanitarian principals as it is vital to WVI OCS function and is what makes OCS both highly specialized in comparison to other elements within the security industry. It also ties in strongly with the WVI Christian ethos and as such should not be overlooked.
• Responds quickly and decisively in emergency situations.
• Identifies risks and acts accordingly
• Demonstrates an ability to seek alternative solutions to problems using initiative, experience and consultation with others.
• Proven leadership /management skills
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Communicates clear direction to others.
• Delegates tasks/responsibilities to others.
• Assumes responsibility on security related issues in times of necessity, uncertainty and crisis.
Demonstrates basic Microsoft skills.
Physical / Mental
Candidates require a high level of physical and mental fitness particularly within high risk environments.
• This position requires regular travel between WARO and NO’s as well as field-based offices and programming areas.
• International travel may also be required.
Non-standard work hours due to the nature of the security occurrences – may be asked outside of normal office hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Pleasqe, click on the link below:
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre
Click on the link below