World Vision Africa is seeking a Grant Acquisition and Management Advisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision (WV) seeks to improve child well-being for more than 25 million children throughout West Africa. In order to achieve this aim World Vision West Africa must continue to aggressively diversify its revenue base through increased funding from institutional grants: government, multilateral, major foundations, and corporate sources.
The incumbent will be working with the National Offices (NO) to engage EuropeAid and ECHO at a strategic level. To generate grant income by working with the National Offices in West Africa to monitor the donor funding environment, engage donors at operational and strategic level, lead the proposal development processes, build operational and strategic capacity in grant acquisition and management, liaise with European Support Offices (SO) and the Representation Office in Brussels. Under the direction of the Resources Acquisition and Management (RAM) Director and in collaboration with the WARO RAM Hub, this position will seek to mobilize and manage successfully external funding from private and public sources principally EuropeAid and ECHO to support the implementation of the Regional Strategy as well as National Office Strategies. The responsibilities include donor engagement on a constant basis, proposal writing, quality assurance of project implementation, strategy and tool development and capacity building at the regional and NO levels.
Embody World Vision’s faith-based values and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Resources Acquisition Performance:
Grow the current RO EUROPEAID and ECHO portfolio and support NOs to do the same.
Achieve new EUROPEAID and ECHO growth targets set by RO and support National Offices in achieving theirs.
Under the direction of the RAM Director, coordinate the WARO RAM Hub to raise financial and material resources to support the WARO Program Strategy; This includes contributing to and as often as possible lead resource mobilization activities such as strategy development, donor engagement, information sharing and proposals development. In detail this means:
- Review and research possible EUROPEAID and ECHO call for proposals and in collaboration with the NO and RO (and SO) recommend whether the RO (or NO) should pursue these opportunities within the parameters of the growth targets and
- Lead EUROPEAID and ECHO grant applications development where necessary and review proposals.
- Support Proposal writing when needed.
- Support NO in development of a prepositioning strategy for EuropeAid and ECHO (and bilateral European donors).
- In coordination with the NO RAM Leads met with EUROPEAID and ECHO donors to clarify proposal requirements and establish/foster relationships.
- Pay field visits to collect data from NO RAM Managers for inclusion in proposals.
- Support Assessments if needed and relevant for EU donors.
- Review draft EUROPEAID, ECHO (and bilateral European donors) proposals prepared by NO RAM Managers, and provide technical inputs and English/French editing.
- In coordination with NO RAM Managers and in discussion with Support Office colleagues, assist research, develop and finalize high quality EUROPEAID, ECHO (and bilateral European donors) for submission.
- By providing high level reviews ensure EuropeAid, ECHO (and bilateral European donors) proposals submitted by RO/NO meet the requirements of donors.
- Support Securing Africa’s Future by ensuring that those donor opportunities are pursued which have been recommended after research in collaboration with the NO and RO.
- Support NOs in the facilitation of start-up and design workshops.
- Support NOs in networking and participation to donor relevant cluster meetings at regional level.
Support Grants Management and Compliance:
- Coordinate with the RO/NO/SO teams to ensure that there are regular monitoring visits to verify EU grant compliance and financial management and to deliver EuropeAid and ECHO grant management training.
- In collaboration with WARO RAM Hub, manage EuropeAid and ECHO grant contract amendments in collaboration with SOs, including donor liaison, working with colleagues in Policy & Programs and NOs to ensure alignment between revised project
- implementation plans and budgets.
- Provide technical leadership forh NO & RO teams to ensure and maintain up-to-date EuropeAid and ECHO grant information on grant financial and risk monitoring data.
- Work with RAM and Partnership colleagues to develop training materials for and provide training on EuropeAid and ECHO grant management and compliance to NO staff as necessary.
- As often as needed lead/coordinate training sessions that will advance the RO and NOs knowledge of key EU/ECHO compliance issues.
- As often as possible provide technical and compliance oversight for EU and EuropeAid grant reporting, proactively engaging with SO/RO/NO colleagues to ensure reports comply with donor requirements in terms of their content, presentation
- and timeliness.
Resources Acquisition Leadership and Building the Capacity of NO Staff:
- Support NO RAM Managers encourage growth in EuropeAid and ECHO grant acquisition and management.
- Build staff capacity on institutional EuropeAid and ECHO grant project/program management.
- Build NO staff capacity to support sustainable local resources mobilization and development in EuropeAid , ECHO.
- Represent the Regional Office as and when the EU/ECHO Regional office or WV Brussels office organizes training sessions in EU and ECHO program management or design and keep regular contact with staff in WV Brussels office (WV EUREP).
- Contribute to the Resources Acquisition and Management (RAM)Strategy revision process , particularly for matters related EuropeAid and ECHO:
- Work with the WARO RAM hub to ensure that the RO has a strategy with EUROPEAID and ECHO adequately covered, which includes a donor landscape mapping, a prepositioning and donor engagement plan, and an analysis of the RO capacity
- Work with the WARO RAM hub to ensure that the RO has an efficient grant proposal tracking system.
- The RO has identified key partners for EUROPEAID an ECHO and is member of key grant networks.
- Support NOs in developing/updating their RAM Business Plan, with strong ECHO and EU component.
- Prepare the monthly report tracking grant seeking efforts related to EUROPEAID, ECHO and other European institutions.
- Interface with WV network of European Offices and Constituencies and support WARO GAM Director to represent.
- Support RO through capacity building planning specifically related to EuropeAid and ECHO matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in developing countries preferably Africa.
- Experience in grant and private fund raising.
- Experience in proposal and report writing skills; EuropeAid and ECHO program Acquisitions and/or Implementation experiences a must.
- Experience in strategic networking and partnerships for financial resource generation and development.
- Masters level degree international development, social science, business administration, policy, resource generation and management, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating complex processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and the interpersonal skills necessary to building effective partnerships.
- Excellent English and French written and spoken communication skills are essential; German highly desirable.
- European Citizen preferred.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field (40% field work).
- Travel: 40% International travel is required.
- On call
– See more at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/senegal/field-operations/regional-grants-acquisition-and-management-advisor/5238#sthash.i7RKgBkn.dpuf