World Press Photo Foundation’s Solutions Visual Journalism Initiative 2019 (Up to $5,000 grant)
Deadline: September 6, 2019
Applications for the World Press Photo Foundation’s Solutions Visual Journalism Initiative 2019 are now open. The World Press Photo Foundation and MIAP, the Message in a Photo foundation, are beginning an initiative to promote and produce visual journalism with a solutions focus.
The Solutions Visual Journalism Initiative (SVJI) has three objectives:
- Develop what a solutions focus means for visual journalism
- Commission, fund, and publish a small number of solutions stories in 2019-2020
- Use these new stories to educate both the profession and engage the public on the benefits of a solutions focus in visual journalism
- The level of funding for each project depends on the needs and viability of the proposal, but as a guide projects could be supported with a grant of approximately €5,000 each.
- Open to journalists around the world;
- They are looking to commission, support, and publish a small number of new and original visual stories with a solutions focus.
- The viability of the proposed project and fit with the five features of solutions journalism will be the criteria against which applications will be judged.