World Food Programme recrute 01 Human Resources Associate (Systems and Data Analytics), GS6
|Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme|
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 6 ans
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 31-12-2017
Publié le 11/12/2017 à 17h12min03s
Détails de l’offre:
Human Resources Associate (Systems and Data Analytics), GS6, Regional Bureau Dakar, Senegal
Area of expertise: Human resources
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is found in the Regional Bureau for West Africa in Dakar (RBD) and reports to the HR Officer in the Regional Bureau.
The job holder is expected to use initiative and knowledge within the area of expertise to independently respond to queries with general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer, and the overall guidance of the Senior Regional HR Business Partner, and in collaboration with other members of the team, the HR Associate (Systems and Data Analytics) will contribute to the planning, monitoring and implementation of the RB Human Resources workforce analytics.
The incumbent will deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of client focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Support the HR unit in collecting HR data and metrics to identify important trends.
3. Support the compilation of workforce analytics (leading and lagging indicators) and other ad-hoc reporting
4. Support HR initiatives such as long-term and annual planning by consolidating data and drafting reports;
5. Consolidate monthly and quarterly oversight, quality assurance indicators for HR Officer presentations at Sr. Management Meetings and coordination/planning meetings
6. Support in populating knowledge management platforms to archive and track the oversight and mission’s reports from countries.
7. Monitor the established key performance indicators and reporting data of Country Offices and identify and suggest interventions necessary for improved performance monitoring using indicators.
8. Support HR Officers to collect, track and monitor HR activities by countries with special attention to global and regional indicators, through the provision of timely intervention and technical assistance.
9. Support the HR team in the data collection of the RB HR work plan and platform for knowledge management, as well as the compilation of data for reports, meetings and HR activities for the region.
10. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
11. Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
12. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
13. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in information management systems, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics is desirable
Fluency in both French and English languages
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general HR/administrative work, including at least three years with information management systems including data analysis, systems report generation and information presentation if possible related to workforce/HR data.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to analyze data and correlations between program metrics and HR data;
• Information systems and associated report writing tools; relational databases; report writing applications to extract, format, and/or export data from information systems to other applications for analysis; statistical formulas for analysis;
• Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
• Ability to conduct analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Nationality and Residency: Positions open to Senegalese nationals and non-nationals with residence and working permit in Senegal or ECOWAS nationals.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
Contract duration is 12 months (renewable).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Apply here: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_