World Food Programme recrute 01 Budget & Programming Associate
World Food Programme
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
Opportunités de carrière : Budget & Programming Associate, Fixed Term-G6, based in Addis Ababa (525533)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Budget & Programming Associate
No. Position/s: 1 (One)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Reporting Line: Budget & Programming Officer, or the designate
In 2020 WFP Ethiopia has launched its Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2020-2025. The five-year CSP is based on WFP’s recognized strengths and on strong strategic and operational partnerships with the Government, private sector entities, non-governmental organizations and other United Nations agencies. While the bulk of operations will continue to address the immediate short-term needs of refugees, internally displaced persons and other food-insecure and undernourished people, there will be a gradual expansion and intensification of longer-term/development actions, in particular climate change adaptation, resilience and livelihood diversification initiatives under CSP Activity 5, which is also linked to the humanitarian–development–peace nexus. WFP will focus on the prevention of malnutrition, the building of resilience and the integration of nutrition concerns and gender equality throughout the portfolio.
All activities are funded by a variety of donors with different financial reporting requirements some of which not in line with WFP standard systems hence requiring parallel financial tracking systems to be in place.
This job is found in Addis Ababa Country Office. Jobholders typically report to the Budget & Programming Officer, or the designate.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to complex queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders support management of financial resources and may provide guidance to other staff.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The purpose of this assignment will be to assist in keeping a proper financial tracking for all Ethiopia Country Office on-going long-term/development Programme initiatives and prepare accurate and timely financial reports as well as respond to ad-hoc requests coming from the respective donors.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Budget and Programming Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
• Assist in conducting resource analyses to ensure donors’ contributions, especially under resilience initiatives and long-term solution projects, are spent as planned and in line with strict donor conditions in a complex operational environment.
• Ensure effective and compliant utilization of various donor funds, by assisting in tracking expenditures as per donor requirements and providing technical support based on best practices in resource management.
• In consultation with Finance, request for set up and timely management of Fund Reservations, prepare Fund Reservations consumption analysis on a monthly basis, ad-hoc management of expenditures, etc. through WFP financial system.
• Assist in monitoring pre-commitments, commitments, expenditures, and balances available to inform Activity managers on monthly basis, the pace of expenditure levels against fund expiration and on critical bottlenecks to be addressed.
• Track project implementation by monitoring allotment, utilization, and analyze expenditures. Propose any recommended budget or expenditure adjustments.
• In consultation with Finance, create quarterly and bi-annual forecast of expenditures for specific donors on different budget lines by collecting the latest information on expenditure forecast from programme colleagues and partners.
• Prepare ad hoc, interim, uncertified financial reports to donors while ensuring compliance with WFP corporate rules and regulations and specific donor’s requirements.
• Assist in assessing partners’ monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual operational and financial reports, including the pipeline report for Activity 5 (CCARB – Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Building).
• Ensure the verification for operational partners’ financial report has been done by WFP sub-offices (including travel to SOs) and the Activity managers.
• Assist in monitoring operational partners’ expenditures against agreements and disbursement plans, as well as legally binding donor proposals linked to agreed log-frames, where needed
• Conduct regular financial analysis and budget reviews and provide recommendations to the Activity managers.
• Assist in the preparation of budget proposals and revisions for donors.
• Act as a funds management assistant to support Partnerships, Programme, and Finance units as required in the absence of the Supervisor.
• Be the reference point for WINGS (SAP) for programme funds management and provide support and training as required to country office and Sub offices.
• Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education or University degree in Economics, Accounting, Financial Management or other related subjects.
Experience: At least six years of working experience in financial and grants management. Experience in financial management for cross-cutting programme is desirable. Experience in WFP’s and/or other relevant UN Agencies’ financial system is considered an asset.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work independently in a timely and organized manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent data analysis skills.
• Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
• Ability to work in a team and multi-task as needed.
• A strong understanding of rural development, resilience building and climate change adaptation theories and approaches.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Internal Controls & Compliance Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
Resource Management Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
Performance Management Displays sufficient understanding of WFP performance management system to gather relevant and accurate information from internal and external sources for inputs to monitoring and/or evaluation processes.
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
10 March 2023 (Open to Ethiopian National Only)
This position is open to all qualified candidates. Female applicants and people with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.POSTULER
Laisser un Commentaire