Opportunités de carrière : Warehouse Management Associate – SC6- Pemba (127866)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, IPSAS complience etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage arestrictly followed.
2. Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations,to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
4. Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
5. Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times tosupport decision-making.
6. Responsible for reconciliation between the services requested and rendered againt service providers claims
7. Ensure that daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks and supporting internal control systems are in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
8. Other duties required.
Following the March 2020 security unrest in several districts of cabo Delgado province, WFP operations in this province increased in response. IDP response operation are still underway and expected to continue for most of the first half of 2021. Therefore the need for a Storekeeper to support these activities.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to a Logistics Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to manage warehouse activities and respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and processes in order to continually improve the level of service. They are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of warehouse staff.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Ensure that daily inspections are performed and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
2. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions,to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
3. Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
4. Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
5. Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standard
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
|Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt
Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
Information Management & Reporting
Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Service Contract (SC6)
Duration : 06 months extendable if required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than : 28.10.2020
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of Secundary School. A post secundary certificate on a funtional area is desireble.
Language : Fluency in Portuguese and basic Knowledge of English.
Experience : Desired experience in using logistics databases to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information and food stock moviments.
Desired experience in analysing data (on commodities, etc.) and drafting reports.
Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
Experience in providing technical business support in stock management
Experience working with corporate systems (databases or Microsoft software) also necessary
Knowledgre of stock management