Programme Assistant SC5 (Nutrition), Khartoum
Area of expertise : Programme & policy
Country : Sudan
Type of contract : Short term opportunities
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Posting Date: 26 November 2019
Closing Date: 10 December 2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme Team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services and promote a culture of performance and accountability? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme activities that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Assistant (Nutrition) to support our Nutrition Programme team in Khartoum, to be hired on a Service Contract at the SC5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programme (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To provide support and technical analyses to nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
1. Assist the Nutrition Emergency and Technical Support Officer in all analysis related to the Management of Acute Malnutrition (MAM) programme in emergency and development context.
2. Provide support in mapping exercises for treatment and prevention programmes supported by WFP Sudan.
3. Ensure nutrition information (monthly nutrition data; secondary data from nutrition assessments, surveys etc) is readily available to inform nutrition activities and other programmatic needs.
4. Consolidate the weekly reports from the Area Offices and highlight any actions required to the relevant focal points in the nutrition team.
5. Organise monthly teleconference with the field offices to facilitate learning and information exchange.
6. Coordinate with field offices on gathering success stories and lessons learnt.
7. Regularly update (and translate) all nutrition factsheets, brochures and other documents as needed.
8. Regularly review the nutrition commodity arrivals and in-country movement as well as monitor commodity expiration dates and alert the relevant colleagues in a timely manner.
9. Undertake regular supportive missions to the field to facilitate implementation and capacity strengthening.
10. Support the organisation of all technical trainings, workshops and related events.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
• To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
• In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
• Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Closing date: 10 December 2019
* Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
* WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
* This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or those who are allowed to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
* WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.