World Food Programme recruits 01 Logistics Officer – International Consultant
World Food Programme
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Logistics Officer – International Consultant – Pemba Mozambique CO (141438)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ABOUT WFPThe United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JOB PURPOSETo head the logistics operations in Cabo Delgado, overseeing the implementation of WFP logistics activites and humanitarian logistics support, WFP Mozambique requires a logistics officer with experiece to support the response. The position will be based in Pemba.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTPrevailing insecurity in Cabo Delagado has escalated in recent months and the situation has resulted to thousands of displacement within and without the province. WFP’s response in support of the displaced population increased in the various locations where they are located. However some areas are still difficult to reach for example Palma while others cannot be accessed at all for example Mocimba da Praia. In addition, Covid-19 has further compounded the overall humanitarian situation. Meanwhile WFP was alsorequested to coordinate and support the humanitarian resport with provision of common logistics services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSAdvanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)1. Manage Logistics operations in Cabo Delgado to ensure compliance with the established Supply Chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
2. Plan, monitor and manage resources to maximize effectiveness of logistics operations.
3. Plan and manage implementation of logistics operations, initiatives and services to ensure timely, cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services and in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
4. Constantly monitor the performance of logistics operations to ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place.
5. Manage service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations and safeguard WFP’s interest.
6. Build productive partnerships and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
7. Identify and build productive partnerships with counterparts amongst Government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge and resources and build capacity to ensure coordinated and cost-effective logistic operations.
8. Manage accurate and timely reporting including provision of substantial analysis of logistics activities and trends to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to a wide range of stakeholders.
9. Support the performance of market analysis and logistics network mapping to inform the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
10. Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of specific Supply Chain risks to enable WFP, governments and other partners to quickly respond and deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose • Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives. • Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners). • Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission. • Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
People • Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs. • Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment. • Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills. • Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Performance • Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work. • Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors. • Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities. • Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Partnership • Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles. • Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners. • Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders. • Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTSManage, motivate and develop a team providing coaching, training and career guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
Other related tasks as may be requested by the supervisor.
Provide leadership by organizing and chairing regular Logistics Working Group meetings facilitate the use of logistics common supply chain services by the humanitarian partners.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLEAt least five years experience in commercial or humanitarian sectors dealing with coordinating and managing supply chain operations. Working in an emergecy setting an assetExperience working with corporate systems (databases, software) also necessary.
Knowledge & Skills :Knowledgre of supply chain operations in a busy office
DELIVERABLESA handover/debriefing report
LANGUAGEFluency in Portuguese and English necessary
TERMS AND CONDITIONSAssignment Duration : 11 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS10th April 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.POSTULER