World Food Programme recruits 01 Logistics Assistant (Transport and Operations) G5
World Food Programme
Opportunités de carrière : Logistics Assistant (Transport and Operations) G5, Fixed Term, Gambella (171204
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Gambella sub Office. Job holders report to the Logistics Officer.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
• Provide technical support to Logistics Assistants and Storekeepers where required
• Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Perform other tasks as required and assigned by the Logistics Officer
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS-TRANSPORT & OPERATIONS:
• Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
• Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
• Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
• Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
• Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
• Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
• Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
• Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Transport Economics, Business Management, or other related fields.
Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the related business stream with experience in general administrative work, logistics, or related areas.
Previous experience in emergencies is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Management Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using corporate systems (LESS/WINGS) to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team; good communication skills; basic knowledge of logistics operations; Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and other related software
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Transport and Operations)
Contract Type & Grade: Fixed Term -GS5
Duty Station: Gambella Sub Office
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
17 August 2022 (Open to Ethiopian National Only)
This position is open to all qualified candidates. Female applicants and people with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.POSTULER