World Food Programme recruits 01) Human Resources Associate
World Food Programme
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Human Resources Associate G6 – Yaoundé (Readvertised) (142487)
Job Title : Human Resource Associate
Job Level : GS-6 (General Service) │ National Position
Contract Type : Fixed-Term
Number of openings : 01
Unit/ Division : Human Resources
Contract duration : 12 months
Duty station : Yaoundé
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, and the overall supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent is generally responsible for the day to day Human Resources functions of the office as described below:
1. Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients. 2. Support the HR unit in collecting HR data and metrics to identify important trends. 3. Support the compilation of workforce analytics (leading and lagging indicators) and other ad-hoc reporting 4. Support HR initiatives such as long-term and annual planning by consolidating data and drafting reports. 5. Consolidate monthly and quarterly oversight, quality assurance indicators for HR Officer presentations at Sr. Management Meetings and coordination/planning meetings 6. Support in populating knowledge management platforms to archive and track the oversight and mission’s reports from countries. 7. Monitor the established key performance indicators and reporting data of Country Offices and identify and suggest interventions necessary for improved performance monitoring using indicators. 8. Support HR Officers to collect, track and monitor HR activities by countries with special attention to global and regional indicators, through the provision of timely intervention and technical assistance. 9. Support the HR team in the data collection of the RB HR work plan and platform for knowledge management, as well as the compilation of data for reports, meetings, and HR activities for the region.10. Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior supportstaff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to
perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
11. Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.12. Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering, and updating a variety of HR dataincluding monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring
compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
13. Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation ofreports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
14. Perform any other related duties as assigned. Specific Tasks
• Handle recruitments for positions across the Country Office establishing close coordination with recruiting managers. • Responsible for contracts’ management & administration, including preparation of contracts, monitoring contract NTEs and liaising with managers for inputs. • Responsible for contracts’ management & administration, including preparation of contracts, processing, monitoring contract NTEs and liaising with managers for inputs. • Responsible for reviewing recruitment procedures and business processes. • Active involvement and contribution in the identification and implementation of local, regional corporate initiatives to strengthen sourcing of talent. • Provide briefing and guidance to new employees and take an active role in the review of the on-boarding activities.
Education : GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat. A University degree including or supplemented by courses related to the area of work will be an asset.
Over 3 years of professional experience in a relevant field of work, with background and interest in Human Resources.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in either English or French with good working knowledge of the other.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience of HR Services operating standards across a range of international humanitarian contexts • Has good communication skills and understanding of HR principles and policies and their application to respond to and resolve HR queries. • Has the ability to analyse and generate periodic reports and make recommendations for future actions • Has the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a large number of individuals within and outside WFP to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit • Has gained experience in supervising and coordinating the duties of subordinates, train and supervise junior staff within the HR unit • Has the ability to work with a minimum of supervision and to show leadership in carrying out administrative tasks in WFP’s main guidelines and standards Deadline for application : 04th June 2021
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.POSTULER