World Food Programme recruits 01 Electrician
World Food Programme
Opportunités de carrière : Electrician, Service Contract-Level 4, Gambella, Ethiopia (828514)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB TITLE : Electrician
CONTRACTUAL TYPE : Service Contract
UNIT/DIVISION : TEC
DUTY STATION : Gambella, Ethiopia
DURATION: 12 months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To deliver standard software and hardware support services, as well as monitoring and maintaining a wide range of information sources, to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
1. Provide, install, and maintenance of electrical services operations, be it installation or supervision of installation.
2. Carry out works to WFP and IEC standards for all electrical services, including wiring and sizing standards and maintenance services.
3. Carry out the installation and maintenance of the electrical wiring and distribution systems for Gambella, Pinyudo, Assosa, offices, and warehouses and in any WFP operation as required, ensuring a safe and reliable working environment according to the WFP and IEC electrical standards.
4. Undertake basic monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving electrical outages to ensure consistent delivery of electrical service 24/7.
5. Provide written requests for materials, keep detailed reports on the storage and usage of these materials, and make an annual consumable electrical item purchasing plan.
6. Keep a record of fixed assets and consumable electrical items.
7. Perform regular proactive preventive maintenance of the generator, UPS, voltage stabilizer, air-conditioner (AC), and distribution points.
8. Follow up and monitor the external service provider (EEU) on ongoing requests and the availability of service delivery to ensure the power service is uninterrupted.
9. Perform renewable energy system (solar system or wind turbine) installation and maintenance and advise on its requirement to ensure green energy system is implemented in the Gambella region WFP office.
10. Perform other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Satisfactory completion of secondary school education, plus qualified in electricity. Official certification as domestic or semi-industrial electrician preferred. ICT qualifications preferred
Experience: At least four or more years of progressively responsible and proven effective, hands-on electrical experience in single and three-phase industrial and commercial electrical installations up to 1000V. Strong experience with International Electrical rule and regulation.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience working in an international organization or multicultural environment. Preferably hands-on experience in deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining single and three-phase generators, diesel or petrol-fueled, in the range from 2 KVA to 250 KVA;
Knowledge and experience in maintaining and troubleshooting the Air-conditioners is a plus.
Hands-on experience in deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining UPS and voltage regulator systems ranging from 0.5 to 160 KVA.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the Local language and English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
3 August 2023
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouragedto apply
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.POSTULER