World Food Programme recruits 01 Assistant Storekeeper
Assistant Storekeeper – SC3 (El Obied and Kosti) – SSR
Area of expertise : Supply chain
Country : Sudan
Type of contract : Short term opportunities
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Posting Date: 03/03/2019
Closing Date: 17/03/2019
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Logistics team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Logistics services? Are you ready to be a partner with managers to deliver a proactive and effective services that will enable WFP to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for talented Assistant Storekeepers in El Obied and Kosti , Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract at level SC3.
We are the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, we work worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For more information visit: http://www1.wfp.org/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
To support receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervisor of the Logistics Officer, the Assistant Storekeeper shall perform the following duties:
1. Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
7. Monitor the work of the cleaning company contracted for cleaning the warehouse and assure that their job is complete by the end of each day.
8. Preset periodic reports showing the movement of commodities inside the warehouse and as per the request of the management.
9. Perform any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: At least two years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of Wearhouse and inventory management.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
• Experience in supporting warehouse management.
• Experience in supporting inventory management.
• Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
• Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
• Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
• Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
• Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & Reporting Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP’s operational warehouse procedures.
Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
• This positions is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations (please attach a valid work permit to your application).
• WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
• WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
• Please indicate in your application the duty station(s) you prefer to be deployed should you be a successful candidate.