World Food Programme recruits 01 Administration Associate SSA 6
- Function Title: Administration Associate – UN Common Services Engagement
- Contract type: Special Service Agreement
- Position grade: SSA6
- Contract duration: 3 months
- Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for Central & West Africa
The Business Operations Strategies (BOS) was created in 2012 as part of the Secretary General’s UN Reform to simplify and harmonise the UN system. The Secretary General’s Reform Agenda aims at achieving Business Operations Reform under five ambitious targets, governed by the workstream ‘Repositioning the UN Development System’ (UNSDG), under the leadership of the UN Development Coordination Office (UNDCO) in order to achieve the 2030 Agenda. One of the five Business Operations Reform targets is: Ensuring all UNCTs have Business Operations Strategies in place by 2021
Under the general supervision of the Regional Administration Officer and the direct supervision of the UN Common Services Engagement Officer/ WFP UN Reform Focal Point, the incumbent will assist in the review, monitoring and evaluation of BOS development/transition to the online platform and implementation in RBD.
- Provide dedicated support to the Administrative Officer – UN Common Services Engagement
- Assist in the daily monitoring of the BOS development or transition to the online platform in all RBD COs
- Assist where required in the quality assurance steps which requires to ensure the following:
- Key steps of the BOS process are followed as per BOS 2.0 Guidance;
- The data and information supplied for Stock-take, Opportunity Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis are relevant and complete;
- Methodology used for CBA is relevant and calculations are accurate;
- Results framework is in line with the BOS 2.0 Guidance and mandatory cost and quality key performance indicators are selected for each common service.
- Coordinate with OMT to introduce changes to final draft of BOS, where necessary; and verify that these changes have been incorporated.
- Ensure timely delivery of the BOS process as per the BOS Guidance.
- Participate in the review of BOS documentation in each CO, highlighting gaps and critical areas that need attention,
- Oversee the maintenance of records and the RBD BOS monitoring sheet to ensure information is organised, updated and readily available for all WFP staff involved in OMTs and BOS development
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings with RBD COs BOS focal points
- Collect and analyse relevant data related to agreed common services and their implementation phase.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work and data analysis.
Language: Fluency in French language both oral and written communication, intermediate level of English.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of common business principles and processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through specialised training and work experience.
- Good communication skills to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialised services. Ability to carry out data analysis
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Application deadline: This vacancy announcement will be closed 22nd October 2020
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career5.successfactors.eu.