World Food Programme hires a Logistics Officer P3
Salaire / mois
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 10 Septembre 2017
Description de l’offre
Entreprise/Structure: World Food Programme
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Détails de l’offre:
Logistics Officer P3 – Dakar, Senegal
Area of expertise: Supply chain
Type of contract: Long term opportunities
Closing date: 10 September 2017, 23:59 GMT
Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP is currently seeking an experienced logistics professional with relevant expertise and experience in the management of logistics funds and commodity accounting, with a solid understanding of the overall supply chain to fill the position of Logistics Officer P3 working with the WFP Regional Bureau in Dakar, Senegal.
WFP provides an apt platform for supply chain professionals seeking highly rewarding career opportunities. A job tenure with us is an exciting adventure which involves working in line management positions in any of our country offices and at the headquarters in Rome. Staff have an enviable career path where their knowledge and skills are enhanced in diverse areas across the supply chain function. We welcome you to be part of this exhilarating journey to facilitate humanitarian assistance to the world’s vulnerable populations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Lead the Regional Bureau Supply Chain Funds Management team, including the following:
• Provision of support and technical advice to all country offices in the region for the management and budgeting of supply chain funds.
• Review and clearance of country office logistics budgets and cost estimates.
• Analysis and oversight of logistics funds ultilisation in country offices to ensure adequate resourcing of operations and optimal cost efficiency.
• The provision of support to country offices during the rollout of, and transition to, the new budgeting and funds management approaches being introduced under the Integrated Road Map (IRM) and Financial Framework Review (FFR).
• Effective coordination of regional logistics budgets including the management of corridor cost-sharing agreements, the management of regional special operation budgets and support for service provision budgets.
• Be the regional reference point for WINGS (SAP) for logistics funds management and provide support and training as required to country offices as required.
Lead the Commodity Accounting function at Regional Bureau level and ensure the proper accounting and reporting of food resources in country offices and at regional level for the global forward purchasing facility.
Support to country offices for the use of the WFP Logistics SAP system to ensure high quality data, accurate reporting and efficient utizilisation of information, as well as the effective interface with other platforms.
Act as regional Logistics focal point for matters related to oversight and compliance as well as audits and inspections. This includes desk reviews and missions to country offices, as well as participation at country office level in HQ-initiated audits and inspections.
Provide support to the regional Supply Chain contracting function as required, including related business such as delegations of authority and quarterly reporting to the Committee on Commodity Transport and Insurance (CCTI).
Temporary deployments and missions to country offices to support ongoing and emergency operations as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
• Fluency (level C) in English language and a minimum of intermidiate written and spoken French.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in logistics
• Experience preparing and managing logistics and project budgets
• Experience managing integrated air, sea and land transport operations
• Experience in food commodity management and related analysis
• Project management skills and the ability to meet deadlnes
• Experience in transport contracting
• Experience in servicing client units or client offices
• Sound experience using SAP and/or other similar systems
• Experience managing small teams
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• The role is based in the Dakar Regional Bureau and supports WFP offices throughout the West Africa region. Hence the ability to travel at least thirty percent of the time is required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as rotational contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Coordonnées du recruteur pour cette offre